Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If the alarm light continues to flash with the key in the ignition the car is still immobilised and won't start.

As previously suggested try the spare keys first.

There is a similar problem with the GS300 if the Battery goes flat and the way round it was to put the key in and turn to the ignition position then leave it there for 5-7 minutes.This resets the system and the car will then start.

Obviously this may not work the same with the LS430 but maybe worth a try.

has it been left standing for a long time, If so it might be the hydraulics for the valve lifters have drained of oil so might need a fair bit of turning over before it will go. If its turning over really fast your cambelts snapped (very unlikely).

Because my wife couldnt be asked to bring my down the sparekeys, i tried the same key again this time pressing unlock twice and hey presto got in the car the red light stopped when i put my key in and it started. Funny thing is i was driving the car for 30mins before it happened, went into the store come back and it woukdnt start.. god knows why it didnt work

Hi

Went into my car and put my key in, the red alarm light keeps flashing, it turns but wont fire.

Can anyone help?

Hi Messi

Is it cranking strongly? If not your Battery may be weak. Also your key Battery may be low - other radio sources may interfere with the operation of the transmitter if the key Battery is low (mobile phone in your pocket etc). The unlocking and immobiliser are separate systems and I think I have seen what you are seeing with my 430. The key Battery is £1 down the market or £3 in Maplin's followed by a Youtube video on how to change it. If I remember correctly the bat is a CR2032.

Bren

Are you sure you locked the car when you left it to go shopping? because if you haven't I think it will lock its self and that may stop the car from being started although you used the fob to get in, I am sure that what you did unthinkingly is after you got in you useing the fob to re-lock the car and then reopen this has then reset the system. Mind you I could be talking complete B******s. Mike

Hi

Went into my car and put my key in, the red alarm light keeps flashing, it turns but wont fire.

Can anyone help?

Hi Messi

Is it cranking strongly? If not your Battery may be weak. Also your key Battery may be low - other radio sources may interfere with the operation of the transmitter if the key Battery is low (mobile phone in your pocket etc). The unlocking and immobiliser are separate systems and I think I have seen what you are seeing with my 430. The key Battery is £1 down the market or £3 in Maplin's followed by a Youtube video on how to change it. If I remember correctly the bat is a CR2032.

Bren

Batteries for the remote fobs are indeed CR2032 or DL2032, BR2032, KL2032, L2032 and a few others, the letters at the front are related to the manufacturer, the 20 is for 20mm wide and the 32 is for 3.2mm thickness. Replaced mine few weeks ago with Duracell DL2032.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links