Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After 8 months ownership I am well happy with my LS, just completed a 745 mile journey for our hols down to Devon and back with a few trips in between, fully loaded for 3 adults 1 child + luggage 3 cases bags ETC and food for the week and we don't travel light worked out she returned @ 70 and sometimes a bit over 32.2 miles per gallon at a cost of £130 quid and i still have just over half a tank left,

The roads are so smooth it was a joy to drive, I am having the lower trailing arm ball joints done because of knocking, but down there i did not hear them once, it just glided along, coming back we hit a bit of slow traffic and there was a Bentley Spur at the side of me then the traffic cleared he floored it and so did I neck and neck for 200 yards till the wife commented and I eased off. @ $%$ MPH

Mark

Thats my only complaint with the LS sometimes the throttle is a bit erratic when taking off from lights, I only gave it a light touch honest :devil: .

Off to Germany in mine tomorrow last time I was on petrol, this time on gas I suspect my fuel economy may drop slightly when I get to the autobahn.

Thats my only complaint with the LS sometimes the throttle is a bit erratic when taking off from lights, I only gave it a light touch honest :devil: .

Off to Germany in mine tomorrow last time I was on petrol, this time on gas I suspect my fuel economy may drop slightly when I get to the autobahn.

Hi Mark, did you take the LS to Germany last time, if so how much did you open it up?

Mark --- Make sure you have the adaptor with you.I turned up to a garage in france for some L.P.G. only to find out I had left mine back home, the garage let me borrow theirs to fill up. I found another garage that had them for sale--now I have 2 adaptors,and both are in a bag in the boot,to be on the safe side. :driving: Have a good journey.

Have a great Lexus holiday. The roads on the continent are so much smoother and quieter than the old Roman cobbled motorways we have to put up with. I did read the reason we have some of the nosiest roads in the universe is to keep our speeds down. The faster you go the noisier it gets so you will eventually slow down. Twisted bitter thinking. Mike

They can be a bit responsive from the lights and i didn't even have the power button on ( I am sure it makes it even more responsive with that switched on) If you're on the AB remember V/W rated tyres are only guaranteed at speeds over a 150 MPH for 1 Hour, or a lot sooner if the wife comments LOL

Have a good one.

I go 3 or 4 times a year all seasons I took my old black one up to 145 mph ( still had more to go ) no dramas rock solid no twitchiness , quiet enough to hold a whispered conversation. I tend stick around the 85 to 100 mph mark.

The road noise is much less on the continent apart from Belguim.

I have 2 adaptors that live in the car ( I would misplace them if I took them out ).

You only got 32.5mpg at 70 or abit over mph? When i went to Dorset from Birmingham in my ex ls430, at 70 and abit over i was getting 39.5mpg. Not bad for a big car.

You only got 32.5mpg at 70 or abit over mph? When i went to Dorset from Birmingham in my ex ls430, at 70 and abit over i was getting 39.5mpg. Not bad for a big car.

yes i was at 70 and over,mostly over :geek: sometimes 7+3=10 :msn-oh:

i would be more interested in the fuel consumption at 145mph,

Ok I am back round trip of 972 miles, £127 of lpg.

At 145 mph 17.2 mpg average over 5 miles.

Sat on the autobahn between 95 to 120 apart from the 1 stint at 145 & at around 85 in France, Belgium & Holland .

The car performed perfectly as expected. The Only other LS I saw was in the que for the ferry on the way back. A lovely 430 with 80k on it just been to Poland & back, Had a bit of a chat he should be along soon as it seems he has owned a couple of LS 's over the years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links