Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hmm... I would say that is Herpes, where you been with that car.

Serious though, if it feels rough then i would agree the clearcoat laquer is damaged. If not then the paint has managed to get compromised somehow, as stated, maybe an earlier repair.

If that is all there is then a small repair should not cost too much from a reputable spray shop or even a mobile fixer like chips away, or others like them.

I used them on damage to my wing paint, you cannot tell where the paint problem was now. Cost less than £130 all in and a few cups of tea while the chap did the fix. Took about 2hrs.

A Herpes expert? I trust this isn't personally acquired knowledge. Mike

10yrs working in the NHS imparts knowledge of many varied and some very embarrassing ailments :whistling:

• Like 1

Spoke to a paint shop guy on way home today, micro-blisters are a common problem caused by repairs done in adverse conditions, usually it is moisture trapped between the coats of paint that cause the problem, often these coats are rushed as well by not following the correct drying times for the paints used.

To fix it the offending area needs to be taken back to bare metal, scuffed and thoroughly cleaned then resprayed and laquer etc, and it needs to be done in a good clean dry environment for best results.

10yrs working in the NHS imparts knowledge of many varied and some very embarrassing ailments :whistling:

Rather you than me. Mike

Cheers : Chris-Where can I get it done--any ideas please IE the type of spray shop ( I take it a professional is the best answer)

Just look for a car spray centre in your area, you could get a free quote from chips away if they have a operative in your area

And yes a professional is the best answer considering what you need to have done.

A bodge job is probably why it has done what it has so it may be best to treat the old girl

Rather you than me. Mike

Don't work in NHS now, left at beginning of the year, long distance lorry driver now.... move over, 44ton coming thru :megaangry:

• Like 1

Rather you than me. Mike

Don't work in NHS now, left at beginning of the year, long distance lorry driver now.... move over, 44ton coming thru :megaangry:

You poor sod, I was a lorry driver, now I sit in the passenger seat telling people what to do.

Cheers : Chris-Where can I get it done--any ideas please IE the type of spray shop ( I take it a professional is the best answer)

Try and find a used wing the same colour they are bolt on & that will be your best & cheapest option.

Rather you than me. Mike

Wow thats a change and a half. I always fancied being a coach driver but sadly I never did it. I also wanted to drive a Bedford TK lorry, do you remember those? Mike

I drove a Tk and an Mk, land rover,a champ, a Saracen, a saladin, ferret,leyland-gun tower,stalwart, a432,a centurion all by kind permission from the army.after that became a bus driver for 13 months,then an artic calor gas tanker for 28 years. Now just enjoyin life in retirement---Happy Days

• Like 1

Rather you than me. Mike

Wow thats a change and a half. I always fancied being a coach driver but sadly I never did it. I also wanted to drive a Bedford TK lorry, do you remember those? Mike

I enjoy driving and also riding motorbike, other road users don't bother me, of course you cannot underestimate the lunacy of some fellow road users.

License form a lucky bag comes to mind with them.

Only thing i would like to do is get the creature comforts from my Ls430 into my lorry cab, damn that would be heaven :hocus-pokus:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links