Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So Get This Ha

So my friends brother works at a garage, he got a IS200 in as a trade and the lady owner went to collect her new car but returned a couple of weeks later and gave the car back because she missed the IS haha. I really is a great car. Now i dont know the details of what car etc but you get the jist, just thought it was funny. so many ppl on here have also said theres yet to be anything on the market that is as good

Nearly all new cars are technically better than the IS.... More toys.more power, better handling and certainly better on fuel but to me the IS is just a nicer car, it is a car that I always enjoy getting into..

Your right on the fuel but I certainly don't agree with anything else. Once you fit a all in one DVD , sat nav and Bluetooth system into the dash it brings the is 200 right up to modern day spec and the car lacks in nothing ..

• Like 2

Your right on the fuel but I certainly don't agree with anything else. Once you fit a all in one DVD , sat nav and Bluetooth system into the dash it brings the is 200 right up to modern day spec and the car lacks in nothing ..

Well by modern standards, the bodywork is overweight, the boot is too small, the legroom in the rear is cramped, the air conditioning varies temperature wildly, the autobox is out of the ark and a half decent golf diesel will leave the IS for dead... But modern cars are built by accountants and focus groups, they feel nice while they are new but they will rape your wallet at every opportunity....What you save in fuel, you will lose in repairs....I don't really want to be conneted to my car by Bluetooth..

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to block up the drains.

Now i dont know the details of what car etc but you get the jist, just thought it was funny.

Oh come on... dig further and tell us what car it was! :P

:devil:

I LOL'd

Well by modern standards, the bodywork is overweight, the boot is too small, the legroom in the rear is cramped, the air conditioning varies temperature wildly, the autobox is out of the ark and a half decent golf diesel will leave the IS for dead... But modern cars are built by accountants and focus groups, they feel nice while they are new but they will rape your wallet at every opportunity....What you save in fuel, you will lose in repairs....I don't really want to be conneted to my car by Bluetooth..

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to block up the drains.

I gotta agree with this. On paper, the IS is the worst car in the world. And in many, if not most, ways in real life, it's defeated by new cars. But that said, it's very nice to drive, so we put up with it :D

• Like 2

I had a drive of my sister in laws brand new golf last week and couldn't wait to jump back into my is200. :-)

Ha! That is the point that Petay was making... The Golf is probably better in every way when it comes to technology but it is still a dull econobox.

I've never owned the same car for so long. Bought it in 2005 a few years old after my ST was stolen, fancied something classy at the time. Since then I've not been able to seperate myself from it for anything else. Never once has it let me down!

People at work have their new GTD's, E Class Mercs, Prius, C Max and the like of brand new motors. Yet when mine is in the car park nice and clean it always gets the most attention. And when it's running next to the newer cars people say start it up lets hear it. Lol!

As we all know, fuel kills your wallet, performance can kill your rep and technology makes it feel dated, but it's a great car if you know of it, about and what Lexus are about.

Once you've owned one its hard to compare its value, and I don't mean in pounds!

• Like 1

Lol i will try and dig further, it was my friends wife who was telling the story to me and she didnt know the ins and outs

Ok maybe shouldnt of said "as good" but as connected? as much soul and character...as reliable and well put together.... I mean if you dont want a german 6 cylinder petrol what compact sports saloon is comparable after the new IS250? and are they even comparable with their reliabilty track record. Even the germans are going down the 4 cylinder turbo route now. Cadillac ATS not sold here. Buick Regal not sold here, vauxhall insignia same car but is there a V6 anymore? still not on same level as the regal. Lincoln MKZ not sold here. (All mentioned combine sport and luxury in a compact package with a smooth 6 cylinder petrol)

I am interested too see how all these new compact eco boxes are doing 10 years down the line

• Like 1

i used to own a vw passat turbo its was a lovely car dont get me wrong but that said i find my

lexus

mutch smother and comfortable to drive, as for gismos you can always add to the car if you want, and if looked after will give many years of happy motoring .

agree with Petay and Istanbul05 .. the IS still holds its own even when compared to 13 plate cars,

• its smoother
  • quieter
  • more reliable than most if not many cars,
  • better paint work than most when valeted
  • better looking than most with its ‘fast back’ stance look
  • better braking system than most and I base this on out braking some newer cars out there and am not running brembos,

on the right road and fast sweeping bends, the stock handling makes most newer cars look like they all under steer during bends. The IS still carves up corners better than most. Just like any other car, the IS can also be spec’d with the latest all in one touch screen dvd, cd, satnav, parking assistant, mpg monitor after market devices with some daytime running lights thrown in aswell just as Koko did with his IS300 but I personally

1. Don’t watch dvd movies in my car as I hardly stay idle in the car to watch a 90 minute movie.
  2. I hardly talk on the phone whilst driving so Bluetooth is not needed by me.
  3. I already have a Garmin Satnav which has if not all of the functionalities one gets in a built in satnav of a 13 plate car including mpg readouts, calculator, point of interests, currency convertor not to mention a few
  4. I already have HID lights which does the same thing as DRL’s when switched on
  5. Still keeps up with traffic, hothatches and reps in 3.0 litre, 3.2 litre modern day BMW’s, Merc’s and Audi engine so can still hold its own on the straight line and corners.
  6. Can still extract 35mpg on a constant motorway cruise which is the same if not better than some manual 4 pot 2litre cars hatchbacks get when they are also cruising at 70mph.

To me, IS300 is still not far off most 13 plate cars in many aspects. it has the street cred, the reliabilty, the sporty looks(TTE), reasonable fuel consumption on light foot of course and still goes .

• Like 1

Ha ha Yeah Nobby! And my pals 1965 Humber Imperial would be bang up to date if he fitted a modern enine, radial tyres, airbags, blue tooth enabled dvd radio, blah blah blah. As it is, he has a super smooth 3 litre straight six (Yep, as smooth as a lexus) that weighs as much as my lexus, huge soft leather armchars that you just sink into, two heating systems one for the front, one for the rear with an air fed demister for the rear window, electrically operated selectable ride stiffness and aircon that blows out snow on humid days....The point is although the car is an antique he loves that car and it makes him happy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links