Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Query

Hi All, Been checking the board out for a while now prior to finding & buying my IS, :D Got a question for you, I have got the Sat Nav option with removable remote control, when the CD is installed, it says cd error on the screen. I have a car manual but there is nothing in there about Sat Nav.

Is there a separate manual for it or am I missing something obvious, I have not got a clue how to use it yet. Great Car though!

Car is a 1999 'V' IS200 Auto, Location Bucks.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Shouldn't really give that error unless the CD itself is faulty or the drive unit.

How does the CD look? What I mean is, has it been in and out a few times? (Fingerprints, dirt, etc.)

As silly as this may sound, when the flap to the drive is open, give it a really good blow to clear any dust that may be lying on the lens.

But do you know anyone else that has the CD version you could try?

Cheers for the replies so far.

Only had car for 8 weeks, CD itself little bit grubby and a few light surface scratches will try & clean it & put it back in car when wife brings it back from supermarket shopping!! Will also blow the lens.

The car has been standing a while before I bought it. Originally a Lexus Contract Hire car but didn't get it from Main Dealer.

I don't know any other person that has a Lexus or Toyota that I could ask to try, not where I live.

Will let you know results of actions above.

• 3 weeks later...

Have tried everything possible so far, thinking about taking car to Bracknell but dont really want to pay the huge price for a new cd if its a problem with the reader, or pay the even more huge price for a new reader if its the cd !!

Any more ideas anyone ??

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the manual for the cd based system, even a photocopy or scanned email copy will do, just some information might be handy.

Maybe I could just jump out in front of every IS I see & ask to borrow thier cd for 5 mins :lol::lol:

Do Lexus Dealers keep older versions of the cd which they dont sell anymore I wonder?

Apart from the blasted sat-nav, still love the car, wife loves it so much she wants one of her own now !

Bonjour,

Just happened to my father IS200, he was experienced the same message problem on the GPS, he put out out the CD-rom (letting key on ignition, opening the CD compartment in the boot to eject the CD).

He was about to buy a new & very expensive Lexus CR-rom (as I did when I sold him the car !) BUT, he went to a shop who cleaned and polish CD-rom, and everything is working now perfectly ... for a 6 euros cost ;)

So maybe you could try this checking firstly the CD.

@d'taleur

Vince

Hi

Forget the dealers.

I too had a similar problem and went to dealers who said they could not work out what was wrong...changed disc etc but kept giving CD error. They said they need to take the unit out and send it to the manufacturers to fix. Cost would be in range of £1,000 to £1,500.

Today I went to PC world, bought a CD lens cleaner for £15 and slotted it in ...twice. Now my Sat Nav is working perfectly.

Exhaust all options before you donate your hard earned cash to Lexus!

Ani

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links