Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Maintenance

BigK

Just had my 3 years and a bit old IS200 serviced @80K. Done at Reading, great service again but wondering whether I've horrors to come.

This time was a clean bill of health, which still cost me £360, but are big things likely to start breaking soon?

Anyone there with higher mileage IS200s and stories to tell...?? :unsure:

i dont think things are likely to break soon,80,000 is nowt,just run in man.as long as your oils ,inc gearbox and diff are changed,cambelt etc it should be sweet,i get mine serviced for 60 quid,put Castrol rs oil in,i change the oil myself aswell every 4000 miles.mine has 73000.

Zee007 Posted on Aug 16 2003, 05:27 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I change my oil every 3000 miles - mine has 65k on the clock and has a charger too...... Oh - and by the way, for the £25 in GOLD membership fee, you would have saved 10/15% on your service......

BESTY Posted on Aug 16 2003, 05:11 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont think things are likely to break soon,80,000 is nowt,just run in man.as long as your oils ,inc gearbox and diff are changed,cambelt etc it should be sweet,i get mine serviced for 60 quid,put castrol rs oil in,i change the oil myself aswell every 4000 miles.mine has 73000. 

I would like to change the oil and filter between services, maybe one of you guys could write a workshop article on how to do it with piccies.

:D

ive posted the capacitys of the engine and gearbox in the workshop.......

other than that...drain oil, remove filter...fit new filter, fit drain plug.fill oil.run engine for a couple of mins...stop check oil, top up if needed......

hmmmmm....i will write a workshop article

Supracharged-IS340 Posted on Aug 16 2003, 09:27 PM

other than that...drain oil, remove filter...fit new filter, fit drain plug.fill oil.run engine for a couple of mins...stop check oil, top up if needed......

With Piccies Matt.

Supracharged-IS340 Posted on Aug 16 2003, 09:27 PM

With Piccies Matt.

its easy man,my boy could do it,air filter is about 16 quid,oil filter about 7 quid,i use Castrol rs oil full synthetic out of Halfords about 30 quid,sometimes with free cap :P oil and air filters are lexus parts by the way.you will need to puyt your car on a lift or ramps cause the oil filter is a pig to get at :lol:

its easy man,my boy could do it,air filter is about 16 quid,oil filter about 7 quid,i use castrol rs oil full synthetic out of halfords about 30 quid,sometimes with free cap  oil and air filters are lexus parts by the way.you will need to puyt your car on a lift or ramps cause the oil filter is a pig to get at

Thats why I suggested piccies in the write up. They make things easier if you can see where and what is needed to replace the oil filter.

Come on chaps, next time you do an oil change rake out the digital camera and take some snaps for us. Besty maybe you could take piccies of your boy doing the oil change.

its easy man,my boy could do it,air filter is about 16 quid,oil filter about 7 quid,i use castrol rs oil full synthetic out of halfords about 30 quid,sometimes with free cap  oil and air filters are lexus parts by the way.you will need to puyt your car on a lift or ramps cause the oil filter is a pig to get at

Thats why I suggested piccies in the write up. They make things easier if you can see where and what is needed to replace the oil filter.

Come on chaps, next time you do an oil change rake out the digital camera and take some snaps for us. Besty maybe you could take piccies of your boy doing the oil change.

no probs mate,i`ll even throw a few pics in of me doing the work naked if ye like :P :) :D

the 63k is the biggie where GS300 is concerned. is it different for the IS?

The 81k is an oil and filters change.

I change the oil every 6 thou but have not changed the ATF since I've had her. its not on the schedule. BUT now I am occasionally running more power I want to uprate the fluid. any recomendations?

Was gonna go for 76Racing as I have their engine oil. ANy thoughts?

:blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links