Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Air Filter

tof

i dont know after how long you should change the filter - it all depends on its condition- but i do know that if it is the red TRD filter that is a straight replacement for the original white one the you CAN NOT wash it, it is not like the K&N filters - it is not intended to be washed, but you can give it a try.

At the moment there is no filter that is designed to be a straight replacement that can be washed.

i personally wouldnt wast my time on the trd drop in filter.

just my opinion.......the reason is, both filters i.e the factory and the trd filter look identicle, apart from the fact, the trd one is red.

i personally wouldnt wast my time on the trd drop in filter.

just my opinion.......the reason is, both filters i.e the factory and the trd filter look identicle, apart from the fact, the trd one is red.

hmmm matches my socks then ... :) ok , so no extra power o better sound with it, have to go with the "mushroom" filter for that and have to rebuild a hole lot of stuff :[

Sorry monster,I have to differ slightly-the one I got differs HEAPS from the factory one... and it's yellow!

0-100 time has dropped slightly also-same road,same time of day,same conditions.

Take a look see at a Pic of trust filter for 1G-FE

Lemme know your thoughts?I'm unsure what comes factory in th UK,but on my Altezza its a crummy,non-breathing,paper item.

Regards,

Gav B)

Didn't think that foam filters were that great. Longevity wise mainly, hence people like cotten ones better.

Think the issue was to do with if stones get in it can break up the foam and when they get older it comes off etc and into the air intake! Not that great! It also leaves holes or gaps in the filter.

So Mat, the TRD one is not worth it then - what other options (if any) are available as a drop in panel filter?

TRD stuff is normally very good. They state the filter is less restrictive and last longer than the stock filters. Maybe the gain is so small it's not worth the money.

http://www.toyota-trd.com/en/strt/e_airfilter.html

You have to be careful will some filters as they although they may give performance gains they don't filter well and you could end up damaging your engine.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_t...st/1/index.html

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_t...st/2/index.html

Thank everone for your help.

I think i'm going to buy the Trust air filter like Bam Bam.

I saw Trust Airinx II airfilter on Taka kaira website for the 1G-FE.

Is it the same like you Bam Bam?

It's only 33 US$ + freight.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links