Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A few pics of my LPG Kit before I fit it

DSCF0346

ECU- Nice and small sure I can hide that out of sight

DSCF0347

Injectors- IMO these are the best on the market- they have no rubber seals inside, only brass flaps therefore there is nothing to break down. Again, Nice and compact with definately fit under that cover.

DSCF0348

Heated plates for the injectors. These are not needed at all however I thought that I would just buy a set to try out to see if it helps with efficiency
Directional nozzles- Again not needed however I feel it will help with efficiency

DSCF0349

Reducer- More than enough to power a 4ltr engine

DSCF0351

Last but not least the switch- I don't like the blue light when it is on gas it can be a bit off-putting. It's a good job that it can be changed to a green LED in the software for the ECU

DSCF0352

Can't wait to get it all in and working !!!!

To Be Continued .....................................

A few pics of my LPG Kit before I fit it

ECU- Nice and small sure I can hide that out of sight
Injectors- IMO these are the best on the market- they have no rubber seals inside, only brass flaps therefore there is nothing to break down. Again, Nice and compact with definately fit under that cover.
Heated plates for the injectors. These are not needed at all however I thought that I would just buy a set to try out to see if it helps with efficiency
Directional nozzles- Again not needed however I feel it will help with efficiency
Reducer- More than enough to power a 4ltr engine
Last but not least the switch- I don't like the blue light when it is on gas it can be a bit off-putting. It's a good job that it can be changed to a green LED in the software for the ECU

Can't wait to get it all in and working !!!!

To Be Continued .....................................

Great you can probably get a registered LPG engineer to inspect & certify it, for a fee of course

It wont be home fitted

I have a little deal going on with someone !!!

All to be revealed at a later date but it will be fitted and approved and done properly

And with my knowledge on the subject I have chosen what I believe to be the most reliable kit I can put together. Straight from Poland (Diego G3 KME) with Italian injectors (Matrix)

It wont be home fitted

I have a little deal going on with someone !!!

All to be revealed at a later date but it will be fitted and approved and done properly

And with my knowledge on the subject I have chosen what I believe to be the most reliable kit I can put together. Straight from Poland (Diego G3 KME) with Italian injectors (Matrix)

OK How much was the kit?

Well it's expensive. You go out and try and buy an LPG kit. It can be quite difficult unless you know where to go.

You can not just go straight to Prins and ask to buy one.

If you want a customised one like me you need to either know a company and persuade them to sell it or pay through your nose for it

eBay is just not the sort of place to be buying this

This isn't a cheap standard Stag system with Valtek injectors. It's totally customised to what I want

Not that there is anything wrong with Stag it's just not my choice not to use it as I find the ECU too bulky the injectors less reliable and the reducer not as powerful as it needs to be. However the software for Stag is very adaptable and is very good. You can put almost any injectors with that system and they will work.

In the market Polish is, in my opinion, the leaders. This is because the software in any of their systems is so adaptable to suit the car that you are converting. I like KME because I have used it before and I find it a bit more compact and build quality is a bit better

But each to theIr own that's why there is a free market out there

I'm getting a Prins system fitted on my sons LS430 soon. We have two cars fitted with Prins already and I have access to their diagnostic software (which is handy to have).But I agree with using what you know and have had a good experience with. However, I think the good installation of the kit is the key part.

Andy

• Like 1

I don't know much about Prins

I tend to stick to what I know or what I feel will be suitable

As we can see here this is the vaporiser that I have chosen

http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/lpg-autogas-kme-gold-reducer/

It is rated upto 320bhp unlike the more common OMVL DREAM only rated to 280bhp if the correct one is fitted as the other one is ony 140bhp

http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/lpg-omvl-dream-xxi-g-sp-147hp-reducer/

http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/lpg-omvl-dream-xxi-g-hp-280hp-reducer/

I understand that NO-ONE will be driving with their foot to the floor all the time but at least it is nice to know that I won't run out of steam if I do !

Anyway this time in 2 weeks and it should be done

Can't wait at all !!!!

I have 2 KME kits fitted one to my LS430 and one to my 5.7 l Hemi grand Cherokee which is 322 BHP and have had no issues with either of them (apart from the rate that the Grand drinks fuel).

• Like 1

I have 2 KME kits fitted one to my LS430 and one to my 5.7 l Hemi grand Cherokee which is 322 BHP and have had no issues with either of them (apart from the rate that the Grand drinks fuel).

Who converted them for you ??

Do you have any pictures of them ??

Leeds LPG have done them both and are very reasonable £1100 each and the Grand has a lifetime guarantee.

There are some pictures on here Somwhere of the LS and I can take some of the Jeep in you want but there is nothing much to see on either as they are a very neet install.

Here we go

Basically my dad (Andy Evans Autogas) was a bit busy so this is the earliest I could get the car in to do

I was trained by him to do this work years ago. I now sit behind a desk !!!

But I don't mind turning my hand to it again just to get this done

This is the work so far

Before

img01

Covers off

img02

Injector nozzles drilled in manifold

img03

Injector wiring going into cover

img05

Where the vaporiser is going (Before) Behind the passenger side foglight
Where the vaporiser is (After)

img08

Under bonnet with all the water pipes there

img09

Finished
Those injectors fit lovely under the cover !!!
(If you look carefully you can just see the water pipes near the transmission dipstick)

img10

Very neat, So all is revealed how you are so up on your lpg conversions. one thing I noticed is the water pipe at the rear of the black engine cover, there is a real sharp edge under the rubber seal have you got any clearance there as it will cut through the pipe if not. Just looks tight in the pics.

Yes there is plenty of room there its just the angle of the photo

But its just on its way now to being finished

One thing I diddn't get was a photo of where I put the ECU

It's in the inner wing behind the headlamp (under a heatsink)

It's tight but it fits just perfectly

I thought you wouln't have missed it, Just wanted to be sure . Some of the installs at profes that I saw there was nothing on show, Leon said sometimes the problem with that is, the customers like to see what they are getting for their money. ( I suppose it also means its easier to get at if any maintenance is needed as they give a lifetime parts & labour warranty ).

Absolutely. Like your car, it's all on show however it is very neat

I just don't like messy cars.

Profess work is pretty good. Can't fault their recent work.

I remember years ago when I was working at my dads a customer come to pick up his car and looked under the bonnet and their reaction was "what have you done ?" As in "I can't see what I have paid for !!!!"

But that was the way I have been taught to do it so when I see cars with it just thrown in it is quite shocking

As I say I like your conversion it's really neat, it's all there but very easy on the eyes

Back on the job again. Tank is delyed. Going to go for the same size as you have Mark 680x300 94L.

Just debating on were to put the filler now.

I really don't mind having a proper one on the rear quarter. It's just easier to fill.

Also now it's out in the open about where I came from thought I should make an apollogy.

After uploading the photos of my car last night I sent the link to my dad to ask him what he thinks and he was a bit upset by my previous comments about another member and his gas car.

I read back though it with him and it was quite harsh so sorry about that. I should have been a bit more reserved

Dad only found out about it last night as I don't work for him anymore. As I said I sit in a nice warm office now.

Anyways more pictures to follow later ...........

More pics as promised

ECU- told you it was hidden !!

img11

Same with the filler - Used the standard 22mm filler as it is more sturdy than the usual 10mm one

img12

Back of the filler

img13

Spare wheel well under the tank - Cut the carpet out as it was soaking wet and repainted the boot floor before adding some new carpet under the tank

img14

Still more to come later on

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links