Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Friends From Dudley Are Back

Yes absolutely. On most cars it can go undetected however on some of the new ones you can find out

For example

BMW - on the new ones you must clock the key too

As strange as it sounds when you switch off the mileage is stored in the key so the two must match up when you start up again otherwise it will throw up a fault. Obviously with 2 keys for the same car it is a little bit out it is ok but as long as the mileage doesn't go backwards.

Volvo - They throw up a dash error and engine management light comes on.

Figured that out when cam to plug into one for a friend years ago !!!

Personally I am not fussed what mileage is on a car. If it has been well looked after and serviced when it needs to be and it drives straight enough and sounds good enough (no rattles) then what is to hide.

If you lie about the mileage what else are you lying about

I know in a few years time that my Lexus will have probably close to 400000 on the clock and it will still be fine. I will never lose money on the car because the mileage has got past the point of anyone caring so I don't care either

If it drives sweet enough then that'll do for me

I agree but to sell on a known clocker without telling the prospective buyer is I think you'll find is an offence. Its certainly grounds for a civil claim

Absolutely

It's misrepresentation

It is actually a criminal offence.

However people do need this service because lets say next week your dash clocks on your 100k go faulty and you go out and get a second hand set of clocks and the new mileage on the new clocks is 200k you will clearly want it to be changed back.

That is the genuine reason- there are a few genuine reasons- not many though !!!!

Anyway we don't know if it has been given a haircut - we are just speculating from past experiences hey !!!

My car (before the engine was changed) had done 152,332 miles. The replacement engine has done 100,000 what do I have to do just incase I sell it? :driving:

Don't do anything, just explain that when you come to sell the car. The mileage covered doesn't just relate to the engine, but also the chassis and everything else.

Just include your statement "My car (before the engine was changed) had done 152,332 miles. The
replacement engine has done 100,000 what do I have to do just incase I sell it"

Honesty will always sell.

ebay ad says "FULL YEARS MOT WHICH PASSED WITH EASE"

gumtree says "FULL YEARS MOT WHICH COST £300 TO PASS"

£300 = EASE

yep

Oh dear. It's a minefield out there.

I don't know how these people sleep at night. I know I am old and old fashioned but when I sell anything I am up front with everything that is wrong with it and of course I also put the things that are right with it. I just couldn't sell something knowingly with something wrong, I would be worried each time the phone rung.

It appears to have morphed into a Mazda now!

Must admit very effective selling method pay 10 pounds for the listing, sell off ebay so no fees then completely edit for another car.

They all get their just deserts in the end, just that your not there to see it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links