Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Friends From Dudley Are Back

Rudy: when it was taken down to Lexus they took the original engine out and found that one of the oil galleries wasn't supplying oil to one of the cams and there was signs of wear, so a replacement engine was put in.

Rudy: when it was taken down to Lexus they took the original engine out and found that one of the oil galleries wasn't supplying oil to one of the cams and there was signs of wear, so a replacement engine was put in.

Oh I see.

That must be a very rare thing. What were the symptoms?

• 3 weeks later...

I''ve been looking for another Lexus after regretting selling our LS400 earlier in the year. I rang that seller called sonOFadam last week about an LS430 he had advertised, looked very good, low miles at 68,000, sold with a private plate on it. I asked a few questions, tyres, exhaust ok, asked no dents dings etc, as they're normally in very good condition. He said it had had a pair of new wings on before he got it. I said could it have been in a frontal impact as they don't tend to rust, and both wings would indicate a frontal impact, rather than one being bumped in a car park. I said has it been a Cat C or D, he says yeah, I think that was it.

I did a basic textthereg on it, and it came back as having been an insurance total loss. It's not advertised now, so looks like someone bought it. He sounded quite young an nervous on the phone, spoke very fast. He told me it was his dads, and he'd been using it, and was getting a LS460 as his reason for sale. He's obviously a trader by the amount of cars he lists.

Lol sonofadam has to be a trader. You said his selling a LS430 and wants a LS460. Hmm then why is he bidding on mine. Got to be a trader in my books.

Ifty

Yep, that's what I said, plus he has another one on now, an LS400, looks quite nice actually, and good price, but wouldn't touch him now. He's obviously dishonest even though he makes a big thing of checking his feedback, leaving out that it had been a write-off from the advert is deceitful, and wastes everyone's time.

Is Ifty your name on eBay, I think I've come across your ad when I've been looking, but dismissed it thinking it may be that sonofadam using another name, with it being in the same region. Obviously not. :)

Shocking Bluesman, only one word for him, conman!

Yeah, I saw after I posted that Ifty, the one with pics taken in a car park. It is the one I thought was him again, not wanting to be biased against Dudley...lol :)

He doesn't help genuine people trying to sell a car around that area. :)

Lol. Trust me I am not a dodgy seller/trader from Dudley. Even though I live there. Nor is mine clocked back. All in good bantor. Got to be careful who bids. I don't know who is genuine bidder or time waster. If it sells then so be it. Otherwise I get it ready to park it in garage and use it next yr.

Looking forward to the drive to London tomorrow. Actually come to think of it I have driven it over 1000 miles since getting it MOTd in October. Must be the fear that if it sells then I can't drive it. Wierd

Ifty

• Like 1

Yeah, i know that mate, I just meant he doesn't help people who live around there to sell their cars, as his actions will make people cautious of adverts in that area in case he has multiple eBay accounts, probably has...lol

Good luck with the sale. :)

Yeah, i know that mate, I just meant he doesn't help people who live around there to sell their cars, as his actions will make people cautious of adverts in that area in case he has multiple ebay accounts, probably has...lol

Good luck with the sale. :)

He also has an eBay registration showing him in Derbyshire. It seems he has a mate there and they swop as and when it gets to hot in a certain area.

• Like 1

I was thinking that too, just got it in my email. It was a on a private plate when I mentioned it. Thing is he says no relaxation pack in the description, the other one did. Only way to tell for sure is to do a text the reg, but don't want to spend another £3 to find out when I'm not interested in it. Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole now...lol

I was thinking that too, just got it in my email. It was a on a private plate when I mentioned it. Thing is he says no relaxation pack in the description, the other one did. Only way to tell for sure is to do a text the reg, but don't want to spend another £3 to find out when I'm not interested in it. Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole now...lol

A car the same as yours' was in Sainsbury's car park in the Galleries at Washington earlier this week. Was it you?. There's been someone on here who runs an LS and works at Nissan. Coincidence?? !!

Hi Jim, it may have been, but I don't have the car now, sold it in the summer. That's why I've been looking at them again lately as missing it. I just left the pic on my avatar for now. Washington is only about 25 miles from us, so could have been our old car. He doesn't work at Nissan though, he lives in the town, and had had a stroke, bought it because he liked the car, and the tilt wheel, electric seat, and memory made it easy for him to get in and out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links