Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Start Up But Not Occupied?

Can you start the car in the morning using the fob so it warms up and de-mists or do you have to enter the car, start it using the manual key and go back in to the house with the electronic key (so car cant be driven off)?

Stu

I've never tried. I'm not sure there is a button on the fob to remote start, so i would say not. Easy enough to jump in, press start, jump out as long as you take fob the car should be secure.

personally i wouldn't as whilst engine is warm the gearbox will be cold and the fuel consumption would be horrific. Just jump in and man up for ten mins before it warms up. Heated seats take, what, two mins?

Be careful doing this mate. I think the car may still be drive-able once it's been started even though the fob is out of range; they just wouldn't be able to re-start it once it had been turned off.

There is always a spate of car thefts in winter for this very reason and if your car is stolen in this manner, the insurance will not pay out for it (the car would not have been reasonably secured from theft).

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know. :)

I've also decided to keep the key with me at work during the day for safekeeping. The wife has the spare with her if she needs to move it or anything.

Just mindful they might break in to the house to grab the key. Of course the full sized Staffordshire Bull Terrier would be more than happy to tear them a new one if they did break in! Lol. ;)

Yer if you would be so kind to give me your address and
witch morning you intend to start your car and then go in doors I would be grateful,
I have always fancied a go in a isf..lol… :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links