Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Stereo Problem - Err 3

gotta admit, when its up loud, it sounds very nice indeed. Good to see they have spent some time on it.

TheDon, you ever tried Kent Car Audio in Penge (on road up to Crystal Palace, just past McD's)? They are always good for price and seem to do a good job.

Chaps,

I have noticed you all mention this err3 message, but has anyone had a err1 message? I was trying to load a new cd into slot 6 and it just wouldnt play it! I tried changing it with the CD in slot 1 and they both worked perfectly.

I have had the err3 message twice now, is this something I should just go to the dealer and ask for a new head unit? Mine has the cd loaing at the bottom of the player, is it true the better unit loads the cd's at the top? :whistling:

The car is a IS200SE on a W 2000 plate, I only picked it up in November.

:driving:

Can anyone help me.

I have had the error3 message on my stereo, so took it back the non-lexus dealer where I brought it from.

He managed to get my CD's out, but said "its my fault for using Copied CD's (CD-R)" B4st4rd!

Now Its stoppd the horrible sticking nose bu although he got my disc's out, my unit still says it has 6 discs it!

Thanks for the warranty info, my IS200 goes into Dealers tomorrow morning for a Service, so will ask them kindly if they will fix my stereo whilst its in :-))))

I'll let you know what they say....

Dave

:crying: :crying: Just to let you all know on the above - I took my IS200 in today for the Service, it came to just under £300 - all in.

Feels much better to drive now Clutch/Brake fluid have been replaced as-well-as the AirCon filter.

Anyway, I told them about my Stereo and printed off these forums, they rang Lexus direct and agreed to swap my broken CD PLayer for a brand new 1 - HHHOOOORRRRAAAAYYYY!!!! Result!

Thanks to you guys, I paid £300 for a service, and ended up getting a new stereo also. SWEET!

They have one on order, should be in Next Week and they will even fit FREE OF CHARGE.

Thanks Again!!!!!

Dave :zee:

• 1 month later...
I tried the battery, the fuse and the knife :blink:  none of them worked. I will go at Levallois this week as I have to buy a trunk lid for my cf one and ask them to replace them under warranty

Anybody got a brief "How to/Hackers guide" :ph34r: to getting the stuck cd's out in an Err 3 situation ? See mention of a few tricks but I'm clueless newbie :blush:

The lovely people at Lex Bolton have given me a new head unit :D Before I knew about the 5 year warranty I took mine to a local ICE retailer.. They took the unit out and retrieved my CD's for 25 quid.. I thought that was a bargain and well worth not stabbing myself with a screwdriver or breadknife trying to grt them out myself.. :whistling:

My car is on its third head unit that in a year of ownership. I'm not impressed with the CD changer....

Anybody got a brief "How to/Hackers guide"  to getting the stuck cd's out in an Err 3 situation ? See mention of a few tricks but I'm clueless newbie

The head unit can be reset by removing the main audio fuse or disconnecting the Battery for a minute or so. Once you reconnect the unit will start buzzing and whirring as it trys to get everything in the right place. With luck it will recover from the ERR3 condition and you will be able to eject the CDs as normal. If it doesn't work first time try again!

I wouldn't really advise poking anything into the slot - it's hellishly complicated in there! In my experience, once the CDs are stuck in there that's it unless a reset works.

My last unit was replaced because it just died completely, not the usual ERR3 problem. Then 2 weeks later it reset itself and worked perfectly, by which time I had visited Motorline Lexus at Tunbridge Wells and they had ordered a new one. They replaced it anyway last Monday and it only took them 10 days to get the replacement. :D at least until the next ERR3!

My opinion of an in-dash CD changer that fails with all you favourite CDs inside and gone forever is unprintable, so now I only put one CD at a time in the thing!

*** after looking at all the problems with these IS200 cars

i am being put off buying one

please convince me otherwise

if its not the gear box its the stereo if its not that its clutch and so on

i was going to look at a nice x reg IS200 sport in Granite sky tomorrow

but you lot are puttin me off

ok i only drive a vectra at the mo but in 4 years and 107k miles ive had

nothin go wrong, just thought it would be nice to change to a prestige car

and i also worked for TOYOTA Industrial division and have driven loads of TOYOTA

cars Peeps behind the Lexus and i always fancied one but now not so sure

PLEASE CONVINCE ME to Buy one

I think that because of this forum, we just get to be aware of all the different issues with the car. If there was one for the Vectra, there would be a lot more issues than we have!!

I would seriously not worry yourself, its best to know what to look for, if the car is from Lexus main dealer, you have a decent warrenty too. Plus, at least you know that appart from the usual problems, nothing else seems to go wrong on the car.

Overall the IS200 is top of the reliability charts in many a mag. Buy the car, its a nice colour, and enjoy the ride.

*** after looking at all the problems with these IS200 cars

i am being put off buying one

please convince me otherwise

if its not the gear box its the stereo if its not that its clutch and so on

This is a bit :offtopic: . How about another thread on this subject?

Don't be put off - they are superb cars, and I'm speaking as one who has had more than my share of problems with mine...

Reasons to buy an IS200:

Excellent value for money to buy new.

One of the best for holding its value, depreciation not a problem.

Smoothest engine I've come across (A friend bought a new Merc C class and the engine sounds like a bag of nails! Mine is smooth as silk after 80k!)

Lots of extras.

The big smile you get just driving it...

Dealers...at mine they give you coffee in a china cup, sit you on a leather sofa, give you the papers to read or let you watch the widescreen telly.

Service charges are reasonable (if you get a good dealer).

Who else but Lexus would extend the radio/CD warranty to five years because it's a bit of a problem?

Buy an auto gearbox and have cruise control!

:driving:

Well just to let you know .....................

that X reg IS200 Sport Granite Sky )i went to see i purchased it

part chopped me vectra got 3.5k for it and had to pay 8.5k towards the Lexus

notice the car has the later style CD player fitted with Slot at the TOP

the car has 80k on the clock i have got 1 year warranty (purchased from hyundi

Garage) what sad person would exchange a lexus for a Hyundi

pick up the car this friday and i can not wait

Thanx everyone

do you think i got a good deal

car has lexus service history up to 60K :D

Sounds like a good deal, Matt! Enjoy the experience. You should be Ok with the CD player, it's the one with the slot at the bottom that's troublesome.

Careful with the warranty, many are virtually worthless. I wish I'd taken out a Lexus warranty instead of the one the dealer "gave" me which only covered work up to £500, and then only if they were in a good mood. :crybaby:

• 1 year later...

I think the stereo is covered for 5 years - give the dealer a call and see what they say - I didn't pay for mine when the car was just over 4 years anyway....

I think the stereo is covered for 5 years - give the dealer a call and see what they say - I didn't pay for mine when the car was just over 4 years anyway....

correct, it was initially only 3 years ...... but after realising this was a common fault, Lexus brought it up to 5 years ..........

If Lex replace the changer do you get a further 5 year warranty on the new one?

Just wondering as mine is nearly 5 years old and I have had err3 a couple of times in 2 years but it seems sorted out now. From some of the posts it looks like a new one can do the same PDQ!

Don't know whether to get it changed under warranty or stick with one that works at the Mo

Hi all,

I have the old ERR 3 on my IS200 stereo so mentioned it when taking the car in for a service. The guy at Lexus Woodford advised me that the warranty, previously extended to 4 years, has now been extended to 5 years. This is handy as my IS reaches 4 years old in November so i was getting a little twitchy ! He said nop problem and has ordered me a new one in. Very helpful, especially when i enquired about a beautiful GS300 he has in. just need to persuade the wife now to part with some more money. Will be posting in the GS forum soon.

my car is w reg will it be covered

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links