Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two Drl Solutions - Which One Do You Like?

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like:

• LED
    • High Beam 20%
    • None of the above

Left - LED DRL, Right: High beam set to 20% with soft start

FQfhNbvl.jpg

both start when the hybrid system is Ready, both turn off, when the regular lights are on (no matter manual or auto, high or low beam).

So as the title says - which one do you like (and why) or feel free to criticize and propose something else!

Here's the close up of the LED:

d40YFNal.jpg?2

Agree with everyone, if not factory fitted these things tend to look like an afterthought. I have to be honest I'd put a small sticker somewhere to remnd me to switch on my sidelights if this was a legal requirement rather than what you've done.

No offence meant but when you ask for opinions on this site thats exactly what you get!

Happy Christmas

Agree with everyone, if not factory fitted these things tend to look like an afterthought.

The reduced light output of the highbeams is actually the factory fitted version of the DRL for the States (where DRL driving is obligatory).

I'm not offended in any way, i'm hesitating so looking for feedback. However I would not put a reminder, I would rather make the lowbeams start automatically.

I like DRLs personally, and as they are law here now in the UK on all newly manufactured cars since Feb 2012 I think it adds a modern touch.

Saying that I'm not a fan of the poorly fitted LED strips that people add on, they aren't bright enough usually, a few LEDs blow due to poor quality and they never look OEM. I would definitely go with the main beam at reduced light, looks factory and USA spec Lexus use this DRL.

Out of interest what will you use to reduce the light for DRL in your main beam?

I'm using a module (you can see it on pic#2) that fits in the fuse box (pic#1) - it gets signals from high beam fuse, "+" that is on after ignition, permanent "+" and ground from the chassis.

Dn6oTkG.png?1

x1SuImol.jpg

sCvq96El.jpg

1asntRGl.jpg

The additional lines from the fuses (also protected with fuses of their own) are connected using those:

j7dInqTl.png

I'm going with the LEDs, although as Ian has already pointed out, these type of add-ons can have a tendency to look a little chavvy.

However, I like the way they are discreetly placed and having looked at the photos a few times now the glow of the alternative option is starting to have the appearance of a pair of energy saving light bulbs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links