Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toc Vs Loc Karting Event...

rhaines

It’s time for preparations for the Toyota Vs. Lexus Owners Club Go-Karting Competition again shortly, so sometime in early October we’ll be seeing if TOC can retain the crown as Go-Karting Team Champions and whether LOC can retain the first place in the driver’s championship…

We’ll dig out the old post and see which location you guys wanted (yes it will be up North) and get the teams arranged, the layout will be the same as last time with 12 drivers per team although we will try and make sure there is more variation in who you are racing after comments from the last meet.

For the new members who are wondering what were on about here’s a little history…

A couple of months ago after some heated debates as to who were the better drivers it was agreed that we should run an inter-club quarterly Go-Karting Competition, the kick off was held in Oxford with two, twelve mans teams ready to battle it out. After some serious racing and some serious laughter LOC took overall drivers places of 1st and 3rd but TOC won the Team Championship on points. The Team Trophy is still sitting on my desk and waiting for the next event. Following the karting was a quick trip to the local pub for a few much needed drinks, some fun on the pool table, and more giggles and laughter, it really was a great day out.

If you think you’d enjoy a day out on the karts helping your club add a note to this thread, any non-related posts will be removed to keep this thread informative and easy to read about The TOC Vs. LOC Go-Karting Challenge, Part 2

Teams so far:

TOC

rhaines (Captain)

scot

sorted avensis

surinder

4 drivers

LOC

tony hetherington

fidgits

dark is

mattw

lynn

loz

micelis

7 drivers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car sharing would be far better for me (I'm coming from right down south!)

I recall JMRussel kindly offering to go a bit of the way up......in his LS :) :)

The only weekend I have free in october is 4/5th......so PLEASE make it that weekend!!

oh......Ian......damn right you're coming along! We had a blast last time!!! (I wont be so brutal next time tho)

I recall JMRussel kindly offering to go a bit of the way up......in his LS :) :)

The only weekend I have free in october is 4/5th......so PLEASE make it that weekend!!

oh......Ian......damn right you're coming along! We had a blast last time!!! (I wont be so brutal next time tho)

4 oct is the cross channel trip meet

I guess we really need to arrange the dates, october 4/5th weekend is already booked so would have to be another weekend, november is getting a bit late and would be rather cold and likely to be very wet to run an outdoor karting event...

why not come on the french trip then ??

not to far for you

So its Tockwith and the date is.........September 27th or October 11th. We decide today based on number of responses in this thread. CUT OFF POINT TO EXPRESS YOUR PREF. IS 9:30pm after that someone will add up the scores and announce tomorrow the date.

PLEASE BARE IN MIND THAT IN LIGHT OF Robin the Terminal Cancer Patient we are now also offerng an earlier date that Ryan will advise of when confirmed with Tockers. This is because Robin only has a couple of weeks left to live despite being only 16 and loving cars. So if we can take him to this it might be appreciated....

Ryan, No need for a pole. you cant be that bored at work. We decided on Tockwith ages ago.

So what date is best for people.

I'll start the vote with September 27th

I've just had a chat with Tockwith Go-Karting Centre who are extremely busy, didn't come accross as helpful as Oxford but still looks like a good day out with 70mph twin engined karts etc.

They have a slot free at 12:00 on Saturday 28th September which I have provisionally booked as it is the only slot available to see what feedback we get from the forum.

The cost for the day would be £35 per person, each person getting three heats, then 2 semi'sand then a grand final similar to the Oxford event except bigger, faster karts which means much better action and giggles for the last one, whose interested in this one.

The only problem that may occur is to confirm the bokoing we would need to send a £15 non-refundable deposit per person which would mean £360 up front and that would need to be done very soon, would it be possible to do this from club funds ???

I'd prefer the 11th of October, cause i get paid that week! :D

but i should hopefully be ok for September 28th as well.

As long as everyone promises not to cheat and put NoS on their kart you can count me in! :lol:

but i should hopefully be ok for September 28th as well.

As long as everyone promises not to cheat and put NoS on their kart you can count me in! :)

..oops, can someone get rid of this second copy?

Edited by Micelis

but i should hopefully be ok for September as well.

As long as everyone promises not to cheat and put NoS on their kart you can count me in! :lol:

No NOS, Octane Booster maybe :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk