Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone swapped the wheels around from front to back.I have loads of tread all round. I made the silly mistake of getting cheap tyres for the front, or would it be better to just buy decent ones for the front. And leave well alone. Thanks for any advise given.

you don't say what the problem is? are you getting more road noise?

I had continentals on mine - nice and quite

falkens and avon are recommended by members here.

I have Dunlop SPort Maxx on my 430 and they are a lot quieter than bridgestones and continentals previously

When I bought my LS400 it had matching Continentals on the front and two different budget tyres on the rear. This resulted in vibration between 70 and 80 but was otherwise fine.

I swapped the front and rear tyres over to see whether this improved matters. It did not and was, if anything, marginally worse than before.

So I decided I would swap the tyres back to how they were. I had put one of the Continentals back on the front but not the other when I had to stop working on the car and was unable to complete the swap back. I had to use the car unexpectedly before I had had a chance to put the other Continental back on the front.

Guess what? The vibration had completely disappeared.

So I would certainly try changing the tyres round. It definitely worked for me.

I think you are supposed to rotate the fitments of wheels on a car when new tyres are used.

I read somewhere that it's recommended to reduce tyre noise as well.

So changing the wheels around won't do any harm, just check for a rotation arrow on the tyre to double check.

I use Falkens ....... said to be made by Dunlop as a direct substitute for the now ceased DZ8 type.

They seem ok thus far. ..... about £100 a corner " all up "

Malc

• Like 1

I have just bought 2 Nexen 225/50/17 for the front of mine and after reading the bad reviews on the internet I can't see what the problems with them are.

They hold in the wet and they don't make too much noise !!!

Oh and they were cheap and they are legal !!

Me too,--- when I bought my Mk4 it came equipped with cheap Chinese tyres when I bought it 2years ago. I was expecting the worst, especially in the wet, but, I still have them on the car and I am surprised at how good they are. Plenty of grip even when it rains and they still have loads of tread left. I don't know about noise levels though as I've had nothing to compare them with. I think they are called 'Juhno' (?) tyres or something very similar sounding. Not a make I'm familiar with. Don't think I'd buy them again though, I think i'll stick to a better established make when it's time to replace them.

I have just bought 2 Nexen 225/50/17 for the front of mine and after reading the bad reviews on the internet I can't see what the problems with them are.

They hold in the wet and they don't make too much noise !!!

Oh and they were cheap and they are legal !!

I had Nexen on my Mk2, they were okay, but not that impressed with wet handling as the rear was really really twitchy. Falkens on Mk4 make a big difference.

Also found Nexens, tramlined on motorways, where as Falkens do not.

One thing I have found is any small amount of un-even wear causes vibration at different speeds on different road surfaces, so keeping tracking and alignment spot on all the time is a must to ensure reduced road vibration issues.

Not so use why the LS shows up issues with tyres so much, but may because it is such a smooth motor, you notice any deficiency.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links