Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Face Lifted Ct

Wass

I have just had a look at pictures of the face lifted CT. I wont be in a rush to buy one just based on its looks. Perhaps its a look which grows on you after a while. Perhaps it like my old Volvo 740....you just dont notice how awful it looks when you sit behind the steering wheel:)

Lexus have gone down the route of Audi and BMW in my opinion. All the models now look the same at the front end with the only difference being the size of the car.

Instead of CT, IS, GS and LS they should now be called smallest, small, medium and large :whistling:

With the 2014 version, Lexus seem to have addressed some of the negative points made in the press about the previous version. Not sure about the new front grille though, maybe I will get used to it. Only had my 2013 CT for a few months so too early to change yet but, would be interested to see how the new model compares. Keep us posted KDS.

I think it looks much better than the old one. Apparently they've programmed the CVT to act differently, changed the suspension and a few bits and bob on the interior including some extra sound proofing. Hopefully it wont be as noisy now!

Ex IS 250 owner. Just ordered new Ct200 Luxury from Lexus Cambs as wanted leather seats but also added Sat nav option & 16 inch wheels. (Fed up with the road noise generated by the 17's). Can't believe the delivery date of 31 May. Moral of the story don't ask for extras which have to be factory fitted.

I don't think it's the factory extras that is the delay. I ordered three days after uk sales codes were issued in v early jan and end march was estimated. As sales have picked up now for what is a worldwide launch then it must lengthen the time before any ct gets into the build schedule. I too called for 16" even though all the write ups claim they've addressed the ride. I think it's the right call. Good news the new ct comes with a spare wheel!

Suppose on the positive side it proves its not one of a stockpile sitting on some remote airfield. Agree about the spare wheel, it was a silly move to remove it in first place just to gain a few inches of boot space. Having driven on both 17 & 16 inch wheels I reckon road noise drops by 20% with little difference to road handling on the 16's.

Just learnt my ct premier 2014 has left Japan and is enroute to uk via Singapore and points east of here. Should arrive uk late march for delivery to me v early April. I guess if others have orders in, could be on same ship. So six weeks or so to wait still.

i have registered an interest in the new model and cannot wait to have a 24hr test drive, only bought my 61 plate in november 2013 and i hope in the new version, the rattles and creaking panels have been addressed by having the chassis bonded rather than welded making the car stiffer,the creaks and rattles is the only reason i want rid of my car as they drive me crazy the other quirks i can live with.

Sorry this is a rant. Like Mark (previous thread) I hope Lexus/Toyota have addressed the rattle problems. My previous IS250 was a nightmare. Everything behind the dash would rattle when cold & gradually disappear when warmed up & the opposite in the summer, When car was hot silence then as the air con kicked in the rattles would return. Its not rocket science, fit two bits of hard plastic tube inside one another then when hot they will expand to nice tight fit, cool them down & they will contract so now loose to rattle . Given there must be about 20 of these joints in the heating system you now have a orchestra. My current Prius is exactly the same. You would think by the amount of warranty work carried out buy this problem they would finally get the message. I have ordered a new 2014 CT but before I part with my cash I will want it test driven round the block a few times & will refuse it if not rattle free. Hopefully if more of us do the same Lexus will start to live up to its name.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links