Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much Should Replacement Brakes (Discs And Pads) Should Cost?

My RX400h needs new brakes all round, discs and pads. Lexus have quoted me £630. Does this seem reasonable?

(sorry for the two "should" in the title... can't find a way of correcting it)

• Like 1

Probably a bit on the high side of reasonable, phone up another Lexus garage/dealer and ask for a quote or try some independent ones,you will be surprised quotes could vary a fair bit,you could then ask your local Lexus if they will match the cheaper quote.

Genuine Lexus disks and pads all round are about £300 to buy from a Lexus dealer. Apec copies about £200. Easy job to do yourself or a local garage would charge about £150

Probably about correct for a main dealer, you could try "negotiating" with them or find a Lexus independant who might do it for a for a few hundred less (if your lucky).

Eurocarparts for RX300 around £170 for Pagid (OE equivalent) front and rear discs and pads and pay an independent £25.00 a corner for fitting.See what you can find.

Update for you all, received from my local Lexus dealer:

"Lexus now offer fixed price repairs on all models over 5 years, they are discounted 15-20% on normal retail prices.

The cost for the front discs and pads is £295.00 inclusive of parts labour and VAT. And the rear discs and pads are £275.00 inclusive of parts labour and VAT."

Update for you all, received from my local Lexus dealer:

"Lexus now offer fixed price repairs on all models over 5 years, they are discounted 15-20% on normal retail prices.

The cost for the front discs and pads is £295.00 inclusive of parts labour and VAT. And the rear discs and pads are £275.00 inclusive of parts labour and VAT."

:msn-oh: So they reckon it should be around £656>£684 normal price..........wow what a good deal they are giving the older cars :lol:

That's still £300 too much for discs and pads. The 400h discs and pads are priced the same as the 300 at Eurocarparts.

The job should cost no more than £300 for parts and labour (IMO).

• 10 months later...

Jan 2015- My front pads and disk cost £320 at a local garage. Lexus St alban quoted £450!!!! Could have shopped around but panicked after seeing the check engine and abs lights come on. Just bought the car in December.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links