Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introductions

SteveAudioX

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been on here for a while but thought it was about time I posted here.

Well Im Lee living in Lincolnshire with my wife to be Linzi and cat Star.

I am 27 and work as a Harvesting Manager for a Turf and Landcaping company. Due to get married next year.

-----------------------

life size image removed.

Edited by ScarFace

I'm Leland, aged 36 in Bedfordshire. In relationship with my lovely French other half, and we have one son aged 14 months, with another kiddie on the way. I've owned my IS200 from new since 2001 when I lived in France for four years, and have just bought an RX400h (now that we're firmly in the family way).

Having been previously involved in "big-boys-toys" (Three previous Italian sports cars with the "quadruped gramniverous" variety of badge, and one aircraft), I've grown out of these for now, so the RX400h is my attempt at thinking along more "practical" lines, rather than just for the gadgets (though I do have my fair share of gadgets on this car!).

I'm a telecoms/network/internet technical architect and technical manager/director, and have been in the industry for going on 16 years -- currently working for a large (incumbant) telco in the UK... (you can probably guess who...).

I'm also a licensed radio amateur (G0SZP) and involved heavily in the hobby, mostly along practical lines (operating and some experimenting) -- mostly HF CW and digital modes, as well as VHF/UHF FM and APRS. Have also held my private pilots license for a few years, and have found aviation a useful means of business travel.

I don't do any mods to my cars (at least not visible ones), since I simply love them as they are.

That's it for me I guess...

Leland

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, hajemema****e :).

Just thought I would introduce myself. I am a dude, live in Oxfordshire with the wife. We are both Japanese car fans. She drives an Impreza STI (ver7), I drive a Honda Civic Type-R, that has been modified with a Jackson Racing supercharger and a few other bits n bobs to give it 280 bhp at the wheels. So as you can see I like to tinker.

However I have just taken a new job working for a well known new Japanese Tuning mag from a publishing company based in Bath ( I am a graphic designer). So now that I am commuting longer I feel the need to change to a less, shall we say 'hecktic' drive :). As I have allways been a fan of the Lexus Marque, I have my heart set on a new IS250 Sport in the new year :D

I will miss the Civic as it has been a great drive, but feel that having two high strung performance cars in the family is somwhat limiting and like the idea of having something that is a bit quieter, smoother and comfortable, but that is still a drivers car at heart...oh and it has to be japanese as i like the whole dealer ethos and the fact that they do not seem to break down....:)

So hope you do not mind me lurking about and soaking up the info. Of which the Test you guys have put up of the IS250 has been very usefull.

Hi,

thought i would drop in and say hello..

Im Jarvo and im from north Lincs, not currently a Lexus owner but im looking to get one in the next two weeks :D

Im 25 Live with my g/f and shock i work in IT :D

the g/f is a teacher and shes got a mini cooper.

just doing some research on your site :mat:

Hello

My Name is Luke.

I currently own an Opel Calibra 2.0 16V.

Its heavley astheticly modified, with ps2 install, amongst other bits.

I want to buy an IS200(not too sure which spec)

And came across this site.

Is there anything I should look out for when buying one.

And is there anything that is going to majorly sting my pocket once bought? Eg whats a cambelt change gonna cost me?

Thanks

Luke

:D

• 1 month later...

Heya,

My names charis (car riss) and im from Perth, Western Australia. I bought my IS200 two weeks ago....and have fallen in love with it. *sigh*

Im 20 and Im a public relations consultant (pretty damn boring)

However im a big fan of japanese imports, also a big fan of turboing...love the projects.

Split up with my man 7 weeks ago so its a step in the right direction

Found this site when i was looking for information about getting a turbo kit.

Thought i may as well post on here as i have been looking and reading the board since last year although only had the is200 sport since june. :)

Nickname Pip although now used full time.

26yrs old.

Live in Leyland(the ***** of england :D), Lancs.

2 girlfriends (cant decide which one :crybaby: , may i add 300miles apart so cant get rumbled :D)

No baggage(kids)

1 Staffordshire bull terrier.

No not in IT for a change.

Used to part run/own a security firm(consisting of 30-40 doormen). Back in the day i used to model but now i just like to eat :D

Been Bodybuilding since 18 but not competed as of yet. Trained in KogaRyu Ninjitsu.

Like cars, girls :winky: reading anything which gains me more knowledge, pharmacology & biochemistry. Oh and trying to get a better understanding of the mechanics of cars :tomato:

Spent about £2500 on mods(Uprated discs & brakes, alloys, Fully TRD styled & exhaust) and soon to supercharge the tank.

• 3 weeks later...
2 girlfriends (cant decide which one :crybaby: , may i add 300miles apart so cant get rumbled :D)

CHEATERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :tomato: man id laugh if you got caught...in fact I hope one of em finds out eh..thats wrong. nasty! But look on the brightside if one finds out then you get your mind made up for you.

Hello all im....

Daniel Law

im studying business managment at Sheffield University, but i am currently on a work placement working in a fiancial advisors.

I drive 99 IS200 Sport in platinum ice. Only had it about 3 months but loving it.

Hiya All

Michael

Aged 30

Living in North London

Wife had a healthy bouncing boy in November so decided it was time to change up to a family car!!

I've currently got a modded Toyota Celica which I'll be part-exing now.

Put in an order for an IS250SE with MM last weekend :D

Car won't be delivered till end of March though :crybaby:

• 1 month later...

Hello all :)

Name: Sam (Sami Bee)

Bit about me: Im currently doing a IT degree and in my spare time trying to fit as much of my car in as possible, along with working on others. I also produce a few websites to earn a bit on the side :shifty: , Other than that im your average lexus driver :D , A few mods on my IS can be seen on my Sig. Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I'm a new member, had my new GS300SE for 6 weeks now and fingers crossed its almosty perfect, I had a terrible evperience with a X-type sovereign, again from new. grew to hate it, got rid after 7 months. Before that I had a Maxda RX8 which I loved but at 65 my knees started to complain with the climbing in and out; so regretfully it had to go.

I'm retired, 5 years now, don't know how I had time to go to work, live in worcestershire, two daughters both married, love france, wine, beer the proper stuff.

How do I become a Gold member each time I try the system tells me that my user name is invalid, have sent e-mails to the admin have not received a reply to either. so if anyone can help. please.

Mike

Stuart Nicholson.

Divorced father on one, lives with me ever other weekend

Live in Nothants

Bought IS200SE 2 weeks ago and so far have dome all the easy mods (car mats, car tax holder and bought a tin of Hammerite smooth to do the calipers this morning, no mods that require a screwdriver yet).

Since the split,

bought the IS200,

started on the golf after a 6 year break

Started at the gym

Started to learn SCUBA

Having a great time!

Work for an IT reseller as a Tenders and Frameworks Manager, will be going to JAE for a look around!

My name is Ian, aged 55. I work from home as a Well Engineering Consultant, which gives me easy access to the LOC.

Very happily married for the second time. I have 3 working sons in their 20's and they all ride motorbikes. Not surprising really, since I was an avid biker till just a few years ago. They were brought up with bikes in the house (literally!). My step daughter's a teacher and my step son is at University.

My first Lexus was an IS200SE bought in 1999. Had it for 3 years and loved it. First car I owned that I really enjoyed driving. Up till then, all my on road fun came from bikes. I then toyed with an X-Type and a couple of 3 series Beemers, before a problem with my left foot forced me to go automatic.

I've had an IS300 Sportcross for the past year or so, and recently changed to a GS300. which is just the business. No desire to pimp it. I'm now an auto convert, which is a good job really :blink:

Love the LOC. A great mine of information and fun. Well done to the Moderating team.

IanB :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys I'm Back, for those who can remember :lol:

My old comp give up several mths ago and i've been holding out for a laptop..... and yep i've got. Nice to see so many new members. I would do the intro now but I'll wait to see if any one can remember my last one.

talk soon

DODGY

Nicolai Sørensen

Norway, from Tromsø but now live in Larvik. Not too far away from Arendal, where you can take the ferry directly to ye olde Newcastle!

24 years old, work at Tollpost Globe, one of the largest (and without doubt the best) transport-companys in Norway. I drove a Iveco van for 3,5 years until my career took a sudden leap and shot me up to the leader of the drivers. I don't know the title in English! :)

My mother is from Singapore, I have spoken English to her my whole life, however my written english has always been poore (since I never had to pay attention i English-class at school).

Anyhow, bought a Renault Laguna when I filled 18 and fitted it with a eardrum-busting 143 db stereo. Now I am pretty fed up of all the "Bass for your face" and would rather like to ride in style. My first IS 200 is a 2002 model. In Norway I paid £21700 for it. I am having a new exhaust (and some other trinkits) fitted at Prolex in a months time, so I hope you guys send me an email or a PM and we can meet when I get there!

Hi Guys I'm Back, for those who can remember :lol:

My old comp give up several mths ago and i've been holding out for a laptop..... and yep i've got. Nice to see so many new members. I would do the intro now but I'll wait to see if any one can remember my last one.

talk soon

DODGY

Welcome back....Wondered where you had been :D

yeah still a plod. Gord, you doing the driving instruction now?

Like the new look of the forum. Its gonna take me sometime to catch up.

• 2 months later...

Just found this interesting thread so here goes.

Andy 39 (still with own teeth)married to Rosemary no kids

live in Newcastle area.

Contracts manager for a large traffic managment company (yes we put the cones out) SORRY GUYS

Responsible for lots of events, Great North Run, Dubai Marathon, Great Manchester Run etc..

Left the Royal Navy at 19 started here at 20 and never looked back.

Bought my first car (IS200 Sport) in Aug 2004 all previous had been company cars.

Competed for a couple of years in the sound off stuff in a works Ford Transit Pick up motorway maintenance van with lots of HiFi in. Any one around 1997 - 2000 in sound off will probably know me.

Finished 4th in Europe in 1997 and picked up Max Power Top Gun in 1998 best in show.

Terrible golfer.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links