Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Cost Rx 300 S-El

I have recently been quoted a 3 year service packs for £1368 which is for 2 interim services and one full+ service. I queried why so high and was told that the full+ inc the cam belt change. Anyway when I had the last service for my current pack done they replaced the cam belt as they had the engine apart at that point. anyway. The said they would adjust the new quote to take this into account.

They have charged me £1195 for the new pack and when I queried it they said they had adjusted for the cam belt, and the revised cost was £279 for the interim services and £637 for the full service. The car is 10 years old next year and has 85k on the clock. They have since offered to refund £130 off the £1195.

Surely those service costs cannot be correct? Even on the Lexus website it shows the service plan costs as £179 for interim & £369 for full service.

Am I being ripped off?

hello,

Do what i have done on my 2007 400 h, which is go for what's called the essential service, this is either an interim service or you can choose the full essential service. These are specifically designed to keep older cars serviced.

An indie would charge roughly 300-350 for a cambelt change, main dealer I would guess at around 450-500 as while its being done its an idea to have the water pump changed also (not for any internal wear but because the bearing take a lot of stick from the belt).

I would have thought a main dealer should reduce the main service buy at least 400 if no cambelt change is required.

I did the same as jason and went for the essential service plan because I was getting quoted about £1100 for my service plan and when I questioned what the difference was between the essential plan and the service plan I was told the essential pack did not do all the items. However they could only mention the coolant change at 100K which they quoted at £180 (not sure I believe that) and Battery for key fobs (done this myself for £2). So they could not confirm the £500 difference so I signed up for the essential plan which also includes 2 mot's. They don't stamp the service book but you are given some sort of card which is stamped and attached to the service book.

Hi

Don't know why you bother with service plans , just pay as you go ! You can shop around between dealers (main & indys) and strike a deal ! Mate worked at vw main dealer and there was always a 10-15% off (if you asked) Sure there is a small saving , but I just don't get it

Jon

Service plan works out 10-15% cheaper and is inflation proof. You also know that genuine parts will be used, that you car will be cleaned, that you will have a Lexus courtesy car and that you will be treated properly by polite and professional staff. I also firmly believe that it will work in your favour if you intend to replace your car with another Lexus.

These are details that may matter to some, and not to others I guess. Personally, I don't mind paying that little extra for the "experience" which to me is part and parcel of owning a premium brand car.

Sure you can shop around, but is it really worth the hassle, when your dealer is offering you a hassle free, ready made solution? Of course you have to know what you are signing up for, and WRG1405 is doing the right thing in challenging it.

WRG1405: I would ring or email a couple of dealers for an alternative, itemised quote. If the car has been serviced by Lexus, I ebelieve that all dealers have access to its service history.

Hi everyone.

Firstly thanks for your input.

I did contact the dealer and they agreed to reduce the total cost by £300.

They explained the difference in terms of the level of service that they quoted for and what I saw on the Lexus website.

My quote included all the various extras like oil and such and includes MOT's as well whereas the Lexus website did not.

So all in all the extra cost is £170 over what I saw on the Lexus website which to be honest I really do not mind paying.

DanD I go along with your thoughts. I do not mind paying the extra. The personal service is excellent and as you say genuine Lexus parts.

Once again all thanks for your input.

• 1 year later...

The first post quotes the Lexus website a year ago as showing the following prices for an RX400H £179 for the intermediate and £369 for the full service. They are now showing respectively as £275 and £445. Can this be correct? That's a 50% hike in the intermediate service cost and 20% in the full service.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links