Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello its me again, Today I went to collect my Ls 430 having driven Phaeton for the last week, and the Jaguar for the previous week and a bit.

As its been more 2 weeks since I used it, I was not too surprised when the doors refused to unlock on keyless mode.

I was surprised that the engine refused to even make an attempt to turn over,

I read on here that the problem is properly that the system is constantly hunting for the key.

So I located the switch to disable it under the bonnet release, and as it was turned clockwise I turned it anti clockwise,

that may have been a mistake as the alarm is sounding (faintly but most definitely) and while I did try to use my fob to unlock the car, as well as having opened it with the metal key, the sound persists. so I locked it again with the metal key and left it to get advice here before I jump start. My questions are

1 when I jump start the car will the alarm continue to go off ? if yes how do I disarm it?

2 any thing else I should do or know before I jump start the car? thanks guys. William

With modern cars I would be wary of jump starting, sparks and electrical spikes can upset the sensitive electronics in any car.

I would either disconnect the Battery leads and trickle charge the Battery in situ or remove it and charge off the car.

The alarm should automatically reset once the Battery is reconnected and the key fob is recognised.

• Like 1

With modern cars I would be wary of jump starting, sparks and electrical spikes can upset the sensitive electronics in any car.

I would either disconnect the battery leads and trickle charge the battery in situ or remove it and charge off the car.

The alarm should automatically reset once the battery is reconnected and the key fob is recognised.

Thanks Steve, sounds like good advice, will most likely go with it, I welcome further advice on this problem. Thanks William

Edited by IHgs300
comments about another member

William hi, I have to agree with Steve about charging the Battery the LS is known to do strange things when the Battery is flat . I thought Abermarine was just agreeing with Steve's post about the Battery ,not having a go at you . I took the centre caps peeling post to be a bit of a tongue in cheek post ,maybe I got the wrong end of it as I often do.

Good luck with sorting it ,from the other Victor Meldrew .

Hi William,

If you go to this thread:

'Help Please! My Mk4 Thinks I'm A Car Thief' Post 13

You'll find the solution I used when I had flat batteries.

(I tried to 'copy and paste' but I'm, obviously, doing something wrong)

Brian.

Hi William,

Brian.

Thanks Brian, will check that out when I come home. I am sure Steve,s advice is good, its just Im afraid that when I connect the charged Battery, the alarm will go off, and I would like to know how to deal with it. William

Bilmac

Were the hell do you get the notion I have taken a dislike to you and in no way have I got personal with you so kindly refrain from jumping to conclusions about my persona. You have been here but five minutes and seem to think that the world revolves around you and your opinions. My contribution to this Forum in the main is to advise and make the odd comment on things in general .

And if you read the contribution properly and had the brain to understand it you could see that with the mintest LS400 in existence it is a nightmare scenario because there is no obvious solution to the problem except completly respraying the wheels for the sake of one hubcap.

Do not attack me again.

• Like 1

That's funny, according to my wife I'm Victor Meldrew, there can't be two of us surely!

The problem with reading comments rather than speaking is that it's easy to imagine the tone, which isn't always correct. I agree the comments about you are a bit harsh, and unnecessary, which is a shame.

3 Vic Meldrews then. Come on boys, we all know that it is very easy to take something the wrong way when we are just reading something.

Lets have a big Lexus hug and be good friends. Mike

• Like 1

Bluesman

I accept you are trying to do a UN role here but that is not what this is about.Basically we have a unsavoury character who thinks he is entitled to besmirch other members because he gets a notion in his head.

I have not and will not ever personally attack members on this Forum and I challenge anyone to provide evidence to the contary.

I am very capable of defending myself against this sort of behaviour and if anyone thinks otherwise, let them beware.

As far as I am concerned this matter is now closed .

Hi William,

Brian.

Here is the link:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/85945-help-please-my-mk-4-thinks-im-a-car-thief/

Pepe

IHgs

I did not make any personal comments and if you want to keep people on this forum who make meaningful and respectful comments you need to speak to those who are responsible for not making them , not group us together .

Ambermarine,

For what it's worth, I read your original reply the same way as William did.

In my job I have to write lots of reports on the abilities of various people and I know (through painful experience) how easy it is to write something which does not convey what you mean.

BUT........

I have an LS460, you have an LS400: does this mean that my opinion carries more authority than yours?.........No.

I have owned LS's continually since 1997: does this mean that my opinion carries more authority than yours?........No.

You have been a member of this forum much longer than I have: does this mean your opinion carries more authority than mine?........No.

This is a wonderfully friendly forum. All of us (apart from the Mods) are equal and our opinions carry equal authority.

I agree with Bluesman. Let's have a big Lexus hug............

• Like 1

It is indeed very easy to write something which, in the cold light of day can appear abrupt or arrogant - even if it was never meant that way. I've done it myself - and have been very grateful for the ability to go back and edit a post retrospectively (in the hope that the OP hasn't seen it first)!

Also, never a good idea to post when tired or in a bad mood! :)

(Or drunk for that matter!)

Ambermarine,

In my job I have to write lots of reports on the abilities of various people and I know (through painful experience) how easy it is to write something which does not convey what you mean.

BUT........

I have an LS460, you have an LS400: does this mean that my opinion carries more authority than yours?.........No.

I have owned LS's continually since 1997: does this mean that my opinion carries more authority than yours?........No.

You have been a member of this forum much longer than I have: does this mean your opinion carries more authority than mine?........No.

This is a wonderfully friendly forum. All of us (apart from the Mods) are equal and our opinions carry equal authority.

Ok, as long as its a virtual hug, I would not trust myself hugging such good looking guys as Rudy or Mike. William

Ambermarine,

BUT........

Ok, as long as its a virtual hug, I would not trust myself hugging such good looking guys as Rudy or Mike. William

Hey, has anyone noticed my aviator ? This is my wife aged ????

I think there should be 2 buttons under the dash one will turn (volume for key alarm) the other is a push button, the push button disables the keyless go thus this stops the system hunting for the keys, try pushing the button and disabling the system next time you park it up for a while, it may work.

Regards Mark.

I think there should be 2 buttons under the dash one will turn (volume for key alarm) the other is a push button, the push button disables the keyless go thus this stops the system hunting for the keys, try pushing the button and disabling the system next time you park it up for a while, it may work.

Regards Mark.

Thanks Mark, I was looking to disable keyless go, but could only find the button that turns. It will click indicating on/of I thought this was keyless go. Now with the information I have got from you and the other members ( Thanks guys) I am going to take the Battery out and have it tested and charged or replaced. I will update post when I start the car. Willliam

Tulpen

Your intelect is not in question nor is the essence of what you derive from your understanding of the situation based on a professional observation.

But if you understand that ,understand this I was merely agreeing with Steve's comment and not wanting to add unnesacary content to the post.

I too dealt with a multitude of people in my Profession and communication was vital in my industry as misinterpretation of instruction cost a lot both in time and money so I was taught to keep things short and sweet and not cloud the issue .

As far as Hugs go I won't be following that path, colours have been flown from the mast in this case and I do not like what I have seen.

Janey

You and your colleague moderator just do not get it, I have been contributing to this forum for about as long as it as been around and myself and other members have helped each other in numerous ways over the years.

In all that time we have never had cause or the imposition to personally attack each other over the content of our posts.

Suddenly because someone misinterprates an addition to a post reply that person goes on a character assasination of the poster.

Whatever the reason for the miniterpretation the first course of action would have been clarification of the esssence of the post.

If you read through through now deleted content of that character assasination you will see that the referral to the Nightmare Scenario and comments such as "daft as a brush" were unwarranted and malicous.

If you expect people to read and contribute to this Forum you must protect them from this kind of behaviour not as you have tried to do by treating it as a spat but by looking at what was originally written and taking the offender on one side and explaining the standards we set ourselves.

Those standards are what have kept me and I can say a few others on this Forum ,you risk our continued attendance if they are not maintained.

After reading my own post i have amended it as it didn,t sound how i meant it.

Some comments can be misunderstood and arguments ensue, This seems to be the case with this thread.

On this occasion i apologize to both members involved if my original post offended.

Now can we get back to the spirit of the club and just enjoy the forums.

Edited by IHgs300
re-read original

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links