Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2010 Lexus Rx450H Help!

Hello all.

First time poster here. I have been directed to this forum by a number of people, with the hope of finding what I have been looking for. Browsing around, it looks like the members are mostly all very knowledgeable about Lexus vehicles.

I have recently bought an RX450h, which was recently involved in an accident. Unfortunately it needs a new front and so far where ever I have been for quotes, figures above GBP 4000.00 are being quoted. Now this may be the right price, or it may not. I merely want to be sure before diving in, to then find out I have overpaid!

My shopping list is as follows:

N/STK HOOD SUB-ASSY L53301-48130 - x1

N/STK COVER,FR BU L52119-48981 - x1

N/STK GARNISH, FR BU L52712-48010 - x1

N/STK GRILLE, RADIAT L53112-48100 - x1

N/STK GARNISH, FR BU L52711-48030 - x1

N/STK RADIATOR SUB-A L16041-31630 - x1

N/STK DRYER L88474-47020 - x1

N/STK REINFORCEMENT, L52131-48110 - x1

N/STK FOG LAMP L81210-0D041 - x1

N/STK FOG LAMP L81220-0D041 - x1

N/STK SUPPORT, RADIA L53216-48070 - x1

N/STK UNIT, HEADLAMP L81145-48861 - x1

00AC D4S HID 42V35W L90981-YZZCC - x2

N/STK COMPUTER SUB-A L81107-47240 - x1

N/STK UNIT, HEADLAMP L81185-48861 - x1

N/STK COMPUTER SUB-A L81107-47240 - x1

This is the list Lexus gave me (I have not made spelling mistakes). Now I have tried looking for anyone who is breaking this vehicle. Only managed to find one person who has given me a ridiculous price. If you guys are in the knowledge of somebody breaking this vehicle, and has the above parts available, please can you let me know.

Alternatively, what is the approximate figure I should be looking at spending. If you guys are in knowledge of any other part distributors, your suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for taking your time to read my post.

Regards

Edit: After posting, I noticed I have posted in the wrong section. Please can the mods move this to the correct section. Thanks

try the following sites to get an indication of the cost of the parts:

http://www.toyodiy.com (this site is normally good but doesn't have pricing against some newer vehicles)

remove the L from the front of the part codes when searching.

The cost of the headlights is a major cost. I doubt any pattern parts would be available for the RX450h so you don't really have any option other than using genuine new parts or secondhand from a breaker.

Look at this site they have always got loads of lexus for salvage or selling on they don't sell parts just full cars you have to register as it is a live bidding site they have had some good buys of late www.copart.co.uk but check as you have to pick up they have sites all over the uk as well as the usa and Saudi happy hunting

• Like 1

Can I ask - did you buy it before or after the accident?

I would never buy a car with accident damage - they can never be repaired properly in my experience. I had a bad accident in a car many years ago and the insurance insisted on repairing it. They had to straighten the chassis but despite being done by a reputable firm, it was never the same again - felt wrong and the brake discs wore un-evenly, a sure sign the chassis was still not quite true.

I also remember test driving a BMW - it felt like it was crabbing sideways, a very weird experience which I assumed at the time was accident damage (the dealer insisted it was not - yeah, right).

I would have said £4k is right - the labour will probably cost more than the parts...

Thank you for your responses. I have been very busy with work lately so I apologise for not following up.

The websites that have been mentioned for parts cannot find some of those part numbers (I have no idea why). Maybe they are UK model part numbers only?

Car breakers is an option, but it would be a huge risk if I bought car for spares without inspecting it in person. That said, breakers in the UK, which I can go and inspect is something I would be willing to go for.

Yes this car was already accident damaged before I bought it. The thing is, I would not have gone for it if there was any chassis damage (even a bent chassis). This car had a bump at the front and the chassis is perfectly straight and untouched. I bought the car for a very reasonable price, and even if I spent £4000-£5000 to get it looking spick and span, I would still have got a bargain. I want the car to look immaculate, even the panels which have a scratch, I would like to be replaced. I agree with you when chassis damaged cars have been repaired, they are not the same.

That said, I am still looking around for parts. Do I take the easy way out and go to Lexus direct, or can I source these parts for a cheaper cost from international companies. I was told that it is possible to order from Japan directly. Any of you guys know about this? Or is www.jp-carparts.com a source direct from Japan?

Thanks again

Try these http://www.amayama.com direct genuine parts from Japan, even with import charges I paid £235.00 for genuine gearbox parts for Toyota rav4, where I was quoted £580.00 from uk dealer. You can put part numbers in and they show prices and will email you back with total cost before you pay. Parts took approx two weeks to arrive but was over Xmas.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses once more.

An update to my situation:

I have sourced the parts and have them with me at the moment. The issue now is that the parts were from a facelift 2013 RX450h. Although the facelift model will make the car look a lot better, the headlights harness do not match the connectors for the new facelift headlight. Also the parking sensor connectors do not fit the original harness.

My next question is, is there a harness I can purchase, or even if there is a conversion kit available which I can install to my car? OR if these are not possible, a guide for a rewire?

Thanks

I doubt there are conversions available, the old parts are still available so it doesn't make sense for Toyota to manufacture a conversion.

For wiring diagrams take a look at the following site:

http://www.lexus-tech.eu

you can purchase short term access to the site and view, or possibly download, the diagrams you require.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links