Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Folding Mirrors Rx400H

Bonjour from France

I come here to share my experience with auto folding mirrors on RX400H MY2008.

I bougth a pair of Po-40 in Australia from Michael aka Ashpoint (details in this discussion)

I saw a old document explaining how to do it on RX300 and decided to take the risk...

To make it short:

it works perfectly,

to install the driver door: 25 minutes (45 for the first time on passenger door).

the document for RX300 was usefull : no diff compared with RX400H, but there is an important missing info in this doc: where to attach the black wire...

here are some pictures showing details

m001.jpg

m002.jpg

m003.jpg

3)remove screw 1
m004.jpg

4)remove screw behind door handle
m005.jpg

5) unclip all around the door
m006.jpg

6) remove the panel, detach all connectors.

7) lock connector: connect on red & white wires the blue and white wires from po-40
m007.jpg

8) armrest connector
a ) attach red wire to big green wire (+ Batt)
b ) attach orange wire on orange wire (+ acc)
c ) attach black wire on big white/black wire (ground)
left side:
m008d.jpg
right side:
m008p.jpg

9) on the cable from the side mirror,
cut green & blue wires and solder them like on next pict:
m009.jpg

10) I used some scratchy thing to fix the po-40

m010.jpg

11) and here is the final install

(of course I attached cleanly all the wires)

m011.jpg

Now, when I lock the doors, the mirrors are folding.

and they unfold when unlocking.

et voila...

nota: It should work also on RX330

Excellent tutorial - although not sure I'd be bothered to do all that when there is a perfectly good button to press :devil:

But I find it (on my ML) a very useful indicator that the central locking has operated......for example if unsure a quick glance out of the house window confirms the car is locked by the folded mirrors.

Its a bit annoying on my RX as the central locking feature is so quiet I HAVE to watch the indicator while locking to ensure it has happend...........

By reading elsewhere I got impression that it is possible to enable the auto folding mirrors via the Toyota TIS Techstream cable and appropriate software (search on eBay) - though I don't remember specifics and this is something that needs further research on my end.

Anyone got it working with the mentioned cable/soft?

By reading elsewhere I got impression that it is possible to enable the auto folding mirrors via the Toyota TIS Techstream cable and appropriate software (search on eBay) - though I don't remember specifics and this is something that needs further research on my end.

Anyone got it working with the mentioned cable/soft?

I don't believe this is possible on the 400h

Excellent tutorial - although not sure I'd be bothered to do all that when there is a perfectly good button to press :devil:

The problem with that button is it makes it more difficult to see what's coming along before you open your door. This increases the risk of dooring a cycling (which can be fatal).

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links