Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Illuminated Scuff Plates

Have just managed to 'retro' fit illuminated scuff plates onto the ISF.

The driver side was more simple than the passenger side due to not having the connector already in place.

Basically driver side has a connector in place but hasn't got a switched negative attached, so one has to be tapped off the door courtesy light switch under the B pillar panel.

Passenger side has no connector in plate so both negative and permanent positive has to be sourced. Switched negative is the same as drivers side, the door courtesy light switch, and the positive has to be tapped off the connector leading to rear door electrics which is accessed by removing the large blue clip under the B pillar panel. I tapped off the black wire (confirm using a multi-meter). But be careful not to accidentally touch positive on any ground as you can blow the electric window fuse which I sadly did, but nothing a new fuse couldn't solve :)

Once all connected put it all back and connect new illuminated scuff plates and enjoy.

14244173760_9115e52ea9_c.jpg

Untitled by simsimma4, on Flickr

14450949433_ece0f7b8d1_c.jpg

14244166018_e3cac898d6_c.jpg

14430760105_ee8843e021_c.jpg

14429631514_785e0ac22e_c.jpg

Nice one Sim. :)

Maybe you would be kind enough to do my illuminated sills when I get the car back from the bodyshop mate?

I can come to you if that's easier?

They look awesome though mate. ;)

Nice job!

Not a problem Peter.

I can certainly do them for you, it was more straight forward than I initially thought. Plus I had the time today and itchy feet to get them fitted seeing as I had them just laying there!

When does your car come back from the shop?

I don't mind at mine or yours, you live relatively close. :)

Just a few more 'light' enhancements to do and I'll be happy

Have to admit the white LEDs on door mirrors are bright! Plus look awesome on white car

Nice one chap! :)

Hoping to get it back a week on Thursday, or thereabouts.

As soon as I get confirmation from the bodyshop, will be in touch mate.

The puddle lights are a lot brighter with the LED's.

I'll probably do the upgraded footwell LED's as well chap.

Should finish that side of things off nicely.

Awesome, yeh me too once that's done and front and rear bulbs we fitting on Saturday should finish that off nicely.

Soon as I've had a go at doing my footwell LEDs I'll let you know, take a few pics so you can see how they look. Can do those at same time not a problem.

No problem Roheel. Can perhaps do

Both on same day. Or I might be free this weekend. I'll let you know in due course.

They look awesome at night. During day you can't notice if they on but they look a bit more class than the originals

I'd expect them to be a lot more striking at night to be honest Sim.

It's a bit like the Precision LED kits mate. Not much to see during the day, but boy are they bright and tasty when it gets dark! ;)

See you Saturday mate.

Maybe you can do Roheels's sills while I do your rear LED's and headlights?

Just a thought. :)

Works for me guys. :)

I'm pretty sure the audio place where Roheel and I had our rear bumper LED lights wired is open on Sundays as well Sim. :)

If not, we can get them installed anyway mate. The wiring is the quicker/easier part of the job! ;)

You could probably do them yourself come to think of it? I can show you what wire goes to where etc?

What time do you guys want to kick off on Sunday?

10am should work. Will double check with the missus though! ;)

Wiring is relatively straightforward if you have the proper tools mate. It's just 6 connections to the existing rear taillight units.

I know which wire to connect to where (worked for mine and Roheel's cars), so I reckon you can do it if you did the illuminated sills chap. :)

Hi Andy, as Peter rightly said i got mine from Roheel who got them from a lexus dealership here in UK. Roheel would have more info on where he sourced them from I just paid the price :D

Thanks Guys...if they are not expensive I may have to buy a set.

In a previous posting by Tango he said the part numbers were as follows

67910-53070-C0 Lexus Door Sill
67920-53070-C0 Lexus Door Sill

The following relates to a rather good write up with pictures from our American side of the Lexus Club. I grabbed a link to this when I found it as you never know when you might need such info.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/450567-the-definitive-is-f-illuminated-door-sills-scuff-plate-installation-guide-w-photos.html

Hope that helps

• Like 2

I will be fitting Roheels' sill on Sunday. I will be taking photos as I go along, as good as the American write up is it wasn't 100% accurate to the colours of wires we have.

Plus it's always good to make a UK version of their walk through just incase anyone else wishes to do the same mod over here.

Couldn't agree more Sim. :)

That's what I did with my DIY steering wheel change write-up. ;)

Always good to have a UK version due to the little differences/discrepancies.

See you Sunday mate.

Found a Lexus Dealer on the US eBay selling them but the part numbers they listed are slightly different.

67910-53081-C0

67920-53081-C0

Just emailed them to confirm if there are any difference.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links