Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I wouldn't go for less than Bridgesones personally. budget are cheap for a reason, maybe made from a very hard long wearing compound so not very good grip. maybe not quite round and so vibrate. quite a lot of things to put you off.

Depends how you use your car, what sort of journeys you drive, if you are only driving local journeys at slow speeds then I would say budget tyres are ok ... but if your driving long distance, motorways etc then i would advise against budget tyres..you will probably not get as many miles from cheaper tyres as you would branded tyres also the grip of budget tyres is not the best, especially in wet weather, therefore they will affect your stopping distance, the choice is yours but think the saving of budget against branded tyres is not that great in the long term....

Allan

I spent almost £500 on 3 tyres, i would not go budget tyres on a lexus. I got 2 pirelli for the back and 1 bridgestone for the front. The drive is fantastic needless to say.

The bridgestone potenza that come with the car are the most ridiculously soft compound I've ever come across on a car.

Personally, I find that Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2 are substantially better in the wet and MUCH longer lasting.

It's always worth remembering that the vast majority of accidents happen within a short distance of home, and also that the friction between your tyres and the road surface is what actually stops you - and can make difference between hitting that other car/pedestrian/child and stopping in time.

I've always fitted premium brand tyres to my cars.

• Like 1

Ahmed, try blackcircle.co.uk i got two Dunlop Sportmaxx RT tyres fitted for £208.

Very good and super silent tyres - Dont go for budget tyres you will regret it later - I did and there was a thread few months ago....my whole ride experience was effected - Never again!!!!

• Like 2

A good budget to mid range tyre is the Nexen 6000. I'm on my second set now (all round) and can highly recommend them if your driving style isn't too 'spirited'.

Just to confirm things from the other end of the spectrum,

When I purchased my 250 the trader has re- booted all four corners with CEAT Tornado ( nice ;-/) while I was reluctantly impressed with the grip ( would not like to have pushed it too hard though) the road notice is pretty horrific.

My old man worked for Pirelli for over 30 years ( ironically CEAT was set up in India by Pirelli) so have always had quality over price drummed into us since getting our first cars.

It amazes me listening to some of the guys and girls at work with a huge array of vehicle types happy to buy the very cheapest tyre they can get (appreciate everyone has a budget..but they can find the money for a daft furry dice or dodgy graphic!)...including part worns etc....and happy to put the family and kids in the car...when it's the only piece of equipment that connects them to the road!

So while I'm too tight fisted to throw the budgets away immediately as soon as finances have recovers from car purchase a little...I will be looking to change all four. ( Pirelli of course....pensioners discount ;-) )...I will be able to turn the stereo down a notch also.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Just realised I ranted on a bit and did not actually make a forum recommendation.....Pirelli P zero / rosso will probably be the choice...awesome tyre in the wet. I've already got four Sottozero (series2) winters which are also a very good winter tyre. (I am a bit objective by the way... as I've been a company car driver for many years with all kind of good and bad tyres, on front and rear wheel drive cars)

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

I have Dunlop RT Sport Maxx on the front and Dunlop SP Sport 01 on the back.

It is a very nice, quiet setup with good ratings all round for wear, weather and noise levels. Averaged about £105 per corner including fitting and nitrogen fill.

I can't comment fully on wear just yet but the SP Sport on the back have been on there for 9 months and have more than plenty of tread left. I do the best part of 20K a year.

Needing some new 17" tyres for my IS250 in the near future I've done some price research.

Whilst the front 225/45 can be had at reasonable prices the 245/45 can be a lot more expensive.I tend to go with "mid range" rather than premium or drop to budget and came up with two that are reasonable prices in BOTH sizes:

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 (fairly new product)

Avon ZV5

I'm inclined to go for the Uniroyals but anyone got any comments?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links