Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Engine Management Light Stays On.

olliebeak

sorry no, you need to obtain the error code as there could be any number of reasons for the light coming on. Given that the light didn't come on straight away it may well be related to emissions as certain functions are only checked once the vehicle is warm and specific conditions met.

My initial decription was not too clear. The light came on after a number of journeys with the total mileage being between 25-80 miles for all the journeys. Once the light came on it has stayed on. As soon as you start the car the light is on. Disconnect Battery and the process is repeated. Very odd, but I don't understand electronics. NOTE The car runs perfectlyall the time and consumption is also ok, around 30mpg

I understood. Your engine management light comes on during a long journey, or multiple shorter journeys, after disconnecting the Battery. Once it has come on it will remain on (i.e. come on straight away) after starting the car, this will happen until the error code is cleared, either by resetting (which disconnecting the Battery does) or if the error condition no longer exists after a certain amount of journeys.

My initial reply stands, we need to know what error code(s) is being produced. Any local mechanic should be able to read the error code for you, either as a free initial diagnoses or they may charge a small fee. It is only a 5 minute job.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links