Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Short Report

I picked up my F-sport on friday, and I have to say, it’s exceeded my expectations. comparing it to my A4 s-line, the ride is a tad more compliant, and the seats are a lot more comfortable, typically Lexus, is the best way to describe it. Road noise is a little high, but I put that down to the bridgestones, which are not the best tyres anyway.

The gearbox is fine, I don’t know what the Journalists are going on about, Sport mode brings the car to life, and it seems more responsive than the Audi, which was a 2.7tdi, so more than quick enough for me, there is something very satisfying about driving around in EV mode or going down a long hill using no fuel, ECO mode is where I will keep it for now.

I’m still unsure of Ultra Blue, I think it might be a bit lairy, I’m not sure. I’ll be spending the next few days playing with the screen settings etc, so may have a few questions, not completely sure about drive info1 & drive info 2 screens, or if I can make a call with just the steering wheel buttons without voice control.

Glad to be a part of the club now, the Audi lot were a bit rude on the forums at times.

Thanks for the report and pleased the car is working for you. I don't think I've ever seen rudeness on this forum. Just the occasional misunderstanding caused by misinterpretation.

Completely agree about the journo's, I've read a couple on the new NX but am not going to bother anymore, it's down to how I feel driving it or anything else for that matter.

Ultra Blue - excellent choice - I did consider a Superman coloured Blue/Red one, but I was overruled by SWMBO!

Despite my adventures with the Nav/Phone/Stereo in mine, I have found if you just keep pressing the phone button on the steering wheel, it will first take you to the phone screen, then to the call history and finally if you press it again, it will dial the last number at the top of the list. Voice control............... all I can say is good luck!

Yep Eco mode around town is so relaxing, stop/start traffic is no longer a chore anymore. Sport mode with ASC at max and manual shift is the business, the car is pretty quick when it needs to be.

Seriously, though, I'm with DJP in that the LOC forums are notably devoid of the sort of sarcasm, patronising statements and unpleasant personal attacks that are a feature of many other forums. Of course, there are disagreements but they tend to be conducted in a civilised manner, and the overwhelming forum culture is one of helpfullness, courtesy and consideration. Glad that you like your new Lexus - as the rather nauseating TV advert for a beauty aid says, "you're worth it".

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for the update Tinka. Just coming up to 3k miles in the first month of ownership and time for my short report.

I've done 5 visits to the petrol station (thanks Tesco for the x amount off pence per litre ... the last one was 14p a litre off petrol @ £1.25 / litre which almost made it feel like 2003 again!).

MPG on the on board computer has settled at 55.7 which isn't a million miles off from the receipts v mileage (in fact the paper receipts say 56.9 mpg).

It's taken me two weeks to sign up to the connected services off the portal, but still don't know what benefits it brings. The re-route / avoid traffic jams off the premium nav seems to know the smartest way home anyway. Any advice on how to fully utilise this would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

I've nearly run 4 people over in the last month... once taking a short cut through Moss Bank park in Bolton whilst a cricket match was under way and the players were messing around on the cut through road, putting their bags in their double parked cars .. Izzy sneaked up on 'em! The last one was in central Manchester at the weekend, dropping Mrs. Rosun off with the mother in law for some shopping, when every kind of space cadet / zombie was in town (It was gay pride day if that excuses it).

Foibles remain with the RDS display. I love to play "who sung that song". What I get is ... Cameo ... Wor..

when a full screen would say ..... Cameo .... Word Up ... 1986 ... reached number 1 etc. Please Mr. Lexus, if you are reading this, then upgrade to full screen RDS.

Another bug bear is the drivers side window. I'm a smoker, I spark a fag up and drop the window a couple of inches and get covered in water because there are no seams from the front / top of the window. The solution is to take a dishcloth into the car so I now have the most polished drivers control panel in GB.

I'd love to know how the EURO / NCAP / MPG figures get deduced. Stick Izzy in sport and it aint 8 point whatever seconds to 60mph. More like 6 or 7 point something. She's quick. And also slippy... take your foot off the accelerator in a 'normal' car and the speed descends on a logarithmic scale ... not in the IS300h... it feels like it could accelerate uphill.

I'll report back in another 5000 miles (2 months or so) with updates. Thanks forum members.

How on earth do you get 55.7mpg. Driving on eggshells still struggle to get 52.00 !!!!

I can't fail to get 55 mpg. Cruise control on a motorway at 73-75 mph and it is like a metronome wherever I seem to go? It's the around town trips that drag mine down, but only by 2 or 3.

PS DTH I'm also in Bolton, maybe our paths will cross, although not seen another 300h in town yet :driving:

Cheers for the update Tinka. Just coming up to 3k miles in the first month of ownership and time for my short report.

I've done 5 visits to the petrol station (thanks Tesco for the x amount off pence per litre ... the last one was 14p a litre off petrol @ £1.25 / litre which almost made it feel like 2003 again!).

MPG on the on board computer has settled at 55.7 which isn't a million miles off from the receipts v mileage (in fact the paper receipts say 56.9 mpg).

It's taken me two weeks to sign up to the connected services off the portal, but still don't know what benefits it brings. The re-route / avoid traffic jams off the premium nav seems to know the smartest way home anyway. Any advice on how to fully utilise this would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

I've nearly run 4 people over in the last month... once taking a short cut through Moss Bank park in Bolton whilst a cricket match was under way and the players were messing around on the cut through road, putting their bags in their double parked cars .. Izzy sneaked up on 'em! The last one was in central Manchester at the weekend, dropping Mrs. Rosun off with the mother in law for some shopping, when every kind of space cadet / zombie was in town (It was gay pride day if that excuses it).

Foibles remain with the RDS display. I love to play "who sung that song". What I get is ... Cameo ... Wor..

when a full screen would say ..... Cameo .... Word Up ... 1986 ... reached number 1 etc. Please Mr. Lexus, if you are reading this, then upgrade to full screen RDS.

Another bug bear is the drivers side window. I'm a smoker, I spark a fag up and drop the window a couple of inches and get covered in water because there are no seams from the front / top of the window. The solution is to take a dishcloth into the car so I now have the most polished drivers control panel in GB.

I'd love to know how the EURO / NCAP / MPG figures get deduced. Stick Izzy in sport and it aint 8 point whatever seconds to 60mph. More like 6 or 7 point something. She's quick. And also slippy... take your foot off the accelerator in a 'normal' car and the speed descends on a logarithmic scale ... not in the IS300h... it feels like it could accelerate uphill.

I'll report back in another 5000 miles (2 months or so) with updates. Thanks forum members.

Trust me, from a standstill its 8.4s alright. To the amusement of my dealer, I just had to test it. I got 8.1s with traction control off.

It feels faster because of the instant torque especially when rolling as the 300h has fantastic in-gear acceleration. Between 30-70mph it'll be quick!

I did the same thing with the IS250. I got 7.7s with traction control off and revs loaded up. Maybe they dont load the revs up or maybe they keep the traction control on?

I reckon I'll get about 40mpg this tank if I'm lucky! Too much Sport+ mode this tank. :devil:

One thing I can't ever tire of is the "Traffic light grand prix" starts, in any mode it is just blistering.

in Liverpool on Weds, drag start from the traffic lights against a new BMW X5 4.0 and a new Audi A6 2.0 TDI - I was in the middle lane and in ECO Mode, the BMW only just got infront but was trying very hard and the A6 was left for dead!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links