Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Is250 Mileage Discrepancy - Your Toughts?

Hello everyone,

After over 4 years of happy motoring with my Lexus IS200, I've decided its time to let it go and upgrade to a Lexus IS 250.

After seeing a few available on the internet, I've found a 2007 model with 44k on the clock in pretty good condition.

My major worry is what I've found today on the VOSA MOT history log:

27/03/2010 mileage 18,841 miles PASS

28/05/2011 mileage 16,090 miles ( less 2,800 miles and 2 months over the expiry date?) PASS

10/04/2012 mileage 25,938 miles PASS

20/03/2013 mileage 27,993 miles PASS

17/05/2014 mileage 44,321 miles PASS

Also, on the fuel type section, is recorded as DIESEL? Obviously it's a petrol.

The trader says that it does happen with some vehicles, and it could be due to human error while typing the mileage.

As long as the HPI clear doesn't flag as mileage incorrect, it should be all genuine.

What would you do in this situation, would you ignore it and still buy the car, or walk away from it?

Thanks in advance for your help

Will the fact that its reported as "diesel" be a problem when coming to tax the car? Also what sort of hassle do you want when coming to sell it on, trying to explain the discrepancy could be a deal breaker?

HPI check and call the previous owner - even try the Lexus dealer if it has a service stamp - I would be very surprised if it doesn't due to the stated low mileage?

Why wont the dealer sort this problem out before selling? If he is not willing to do it before selling due to the cost of doing so then knock the price down to give you the opportunity to sort it out and also consider the cost associated for yourself in doing the running around doing this.

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you is200 Newbie and Bingo123 for your contributions.

Went to see the car in question today. The dealer continues to dismiss the mileage discrepancy saying that it must be due to human error. Requested the service book, and he replied that "it should be in the post, will be here sometime next week". Upon inspecting car, noticed that the back seat is not attached and its coming apart and is completely loose (never seen anything like it!). Well, that was enough for me, the dealer promised me to rectify the situation, but I walked away wasting half a days work and 100 miles fuel, so the search carries on. I've been searching for a while now, and apart from being rare to find in the spec that I want (silver or black SE-L MM spec or SE MM), some of them seem to be overpriced (over £7,000 for a 55 plate??) Wish me luck!

yeah stay away from the dodgy dealers and the pushy ones. and being patient is the key. they are not selling u something at half price.

i bought mine from a lexus dealer for a bit of premium cos of peace of mind and 1 year lexus warranty.

and i am happy, had nothing to complain at all.

@normski2, your lex is my fav color n alloys. gud stuff mate

Thanks. Took me a while and about 12 previous examples until I found this one. Bought it private but the seller was a smashing chap and everything was correct and present and I had great confidence in him and his integrity.

Arctic Pearl is a lovely colour...especially under lights. White is very much an 'in' colour right now. Get many admiring looks and comments. The French were all over it like a rash when I was out there in July. Lexi's are quite rare in France.

Shame you're so far from me, Normski - I'd love to see your Arctic Pearl next to my Caspian Sky (which has the same wheels) just to see how similar/different the two colours are.

You probably told me this before...if you did,sorry it's escaped me...where in Hants...it's a big county that one.

My paint is the pearlescent type, so it looks kind of frosty/sparkly under lights.

Must update the pic as I have mud flaps fitted now. Night shot would be good with the LED's gleaming...think I'd need a tripod to do that though.

I'm in Winchester.

While it's called "Caspian Sky" here, apparently it was called "Glacier Frost Mica" in some markets, and is a very light pearlescent colour.

Although my V5 describes it as "blue", if you asked 100 random people I'd bet that all 100 would describe it as a white car ... which is why I'd like to compare it with Arctic Pearl.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links