Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Ct Owner

Ozmikeuk

Greetings all,

Well I've done it and bought myself a CT200h advance today from Lexus Edgware. It's a 2013 (first registered 2014) ex demo with 2200 miles on the clock. Ended up negotiating it down to £18,250 which I think is a cracking deal....actually quite surprised at how much value has come off the car after such a short period. I was thinking about buying the newer model, but I much prefer the live services on the tomtom system, plus the £7k saving off a new one also helped a lot.

I do a fair bit of driving for work, so good MPG was vitally important. I managed to average 58 MPG in the 24 hour loaner car on a mixture of Central London and motorway driving. I'm pretty happy with that, as I suspect I'll get better mileage once I get more familiar with the car. Having done my sums, I figure that I'll be saving around £200 a month in fuel!

Anyway, I look forward to reading up on the car in the forum and hope I can contribute in due course.

Thanks

Michael

Welcome to the CT club. You seem to have got a good deal. I have a 2013 advance. I like the Tahara upholstery and the tomtom satnav. Seeing some of the posts on here Lexus satnav does not seem to be very good. I like the traffic alerts on the tomtom and you can have a bit of fun changing the voice. I had Wallace and gromit for a while until I got fed up with "keep right, cross winds permitting" now I have homer - doh!

Parking camera is good too. Never knew I needed one until I had one. Never had trouble parking the accord tourer without but now I miss it even when parking the sons mini.

The new model advance does not seem to be as good value. The only downside when I got mine was the limited choice of colour. Only white, grey or black. So I went grey with black trim. Which is okay. What colour is yours?

I am getting about 57 mpg at the moment according to the display but in the summer had up to 67 mpg. It got better after 2000 miles and the warmer weather.

Enjoy!

Hi Paul

Mines black with black/dark grey Tahara.

I've been a long time subscriber to tomtom live, so this was a major plus on this model. The only thing I wish my model had which the new one has as standard is keyless entry.

Pick mine up from the dealership on Thursday....can't wait.

Thx

Don't see the need for keyless entry. What's so hard about pressing a button on the remote in your pocket. But then I didn't think I needed a reversing camera till I had one. We are getting very lazy with all this new technology. Imagine having a car you have to actually put the key in each door and turn it to lock or unlock like my sons mini.

19 years ago i fitted my 1st reversing system and people laughed at me i received the std comment "i dont need it as i can park my car" but everyone has it now and would be lost without it,the systems give you that bit of extra confidence,we also have a 14 plate aygo for my partner,i fitted a monitor and a camera for her again she didnt want it but i know she always has a glimpse at it when she reverses just to double check.

i have to agree with you paul whats the difference between the press of a button on the remote and a press of a button on the door or boot lid ??? the car still requires you to make that press of a button.

For the keyless entry systems that don't require you to press a button, how do you know if it's locked. You walk away and think "did the car lock?" so walk up to it again and it opens. Walk away again "did it lock? ". Walk up to it again and it opens........

You'd be at it all day.

:-)

It never was a big deal for me either until I had a courtesy car with keyless entry. I really found it convenient, especially as my pockets are often full of junk. Nevertheless it wasn't a deal breaker hence my purchase. On the other hand re the reversing camera, I'll be interested to see if this becomes a nice to have for me as currently it doesn't excite me.

Anyway, I've already started scouring the internet for bits and bobs to do to the car. First purchase has been some replacement coaxial speakers to replace the base model dash speakers. I've read on the CT200h forum that this can make a big difference so looking forward to seeing the difference for myself.

i replaced the dash speakers with some infinity reference speakers and they sounded worse than the originals so i swapped them back.

i have the basic 6 speaker system the 10 speakers system is wired up a little differently,on the 6 speaker system the dash speakers go through

a condensor which filters the frequencys that can pass to your speaker. then 10 speaker system doesn't have this condensor.

Hi mark

Let's hope the speakers I bought work okay. If not, I'm probably going to amplify the system and change the remainder of the speakers which should hopefully work out okay.

Just some cheap Alpine E types. They arrived in the post today and to be fair, although they cost me next to nothing, they look well made and are heavier then expected. They're only rated at 20W RMS and they have a high efficiency rating, so they should run fine off the standard head unit. If I end up amplifying the system I'll probably need to upgrade them, but as stated, they were really cheap so not that fussed.

Anyway, one more sleep to go before I pick up the CT. No doubt I'll have another restless night sleep!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links