Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie With A Couple Of Questions

hi all

just about to purchase an IS300H sport have a couple of questions I'm sure you can help me with.

is the AVS worth the money?

I've had sports cars before and the suspension can be very hard will the addition of AVS give me the option of softening the suspension if required.

secondly folding mirrors. the catalogue is very confusing and an advisor told me this model has electric folding mirrors but not " auto" ones in that they don't fold in automatically when you lock the car.

anybody looked into how easy it would be to convert to be able to do this I would suspect its probably extra wiring and possibly coding?

I find it quite annoying that lexus do not give the option to have certain things on other models available ( at a price ) on the model you want such as this.

thanks guys

I have an F Sport with full leather and elec seats, and premium nav The mirrors fold in on locking and unfold on unlock. Very useful. They also both dip on engaging reverse.

I've not driven a 300 with AVS but have driven a 450. TBH I couldn't tell any difference. Best advice would be to have a go in one and see if you can tell.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

With regards to suspension, I’m now of the opinion that tyres can make a big difference to the ride comfort of a car, tyres of the same size can feel very different depending on the make of tyre. I don’t think the F-sport suspension is too firm, but the tyres (bridgestones) do tend to make it feel a fair bit firmer. I’ve had Goodyear assymetrics on the A4, and they were better than the bridgstones they replaced.

I have AVS on mine and the ride on that size of tyres in eco or normal is pretty remarkable IMHO. In Sport+ it stiffens up noticeably. It seems to keep it very flat on cornering as well.

Each to their own. You need to try it. I had a Std fsport without AVS on demo, and the ride quality still isn't bad at all. I couldn't get one with, but thought it couldn't be any worse.

thanks for your replies

they must have changed the spec since you bought yours DJP its just been confirmed by my local stealer that these only fold with a button and that annoys me tbh, its only the premier edition that does now.

have to look for a local retro guy if there is one.

they must have changed the spec since you bought yours DJP its just been confirmed by my local stealer that these only fold with a button and that annoys me tbh, its only the premier edition that does now.

It wouldn't be the first time a dealer has been wrong.

Bought my F-sport at the end of June with leather and my mirrors automatically fold in when locking the car. Why not go back to the dealership and give it a go, maybe teach them a lesson :lol: Just need to make sure the mirror switch is in auto mode and then try locking the car.

Won't work unless the car has the leather pack.

thanks martin I take it when you say the leather pack you mean LC20 leather electrically heated and ventilated at £2,300 extra to the build only I also see there's also an option for what seems to be the same description which is another £2,300 in the configurator. don't understand why 2 ?

thanks martin I take it when you say the leather pack you mean LC20 leather electrically heated and ventilated at £2,300 extra to the build only I also see there's also an option for what seems to be the same description which is another £2,300 in the configurator. don't understand why 2 ?

On the F-Sport, the seats are already electric and heated and part vinyl/cloth. The Leather Pack, adds full leather, ventilation, memory positions for the driver, electric steering column, as well as auto folding and dimming door mirrors. This is all stuff the Premier model comes with as std.

On the Luxury model, the seats are manual adjusting/cloth and the leather pack adds the electric (no memory), and heating/ventilaton. You don't get the mirrors/memory/steering column electric etc. The Exec model comes with this leather pack as std.

None of this is explained in the brochure or the pricelist and the dealers mostly don't have much of a clue, they are both the same price and description, thus the confusion. Meanwhile the online configurator is and has been wrong, pretty much since the launch of the model!

thanks for your replies

thanks for your replies

Take a look at this thread on the IS250 forum - it concerns a kit to implement an auto-fold option for the mirrors. I don't know if this kit works with 3rd generation IS models but the suppliers might be ablt to answer a query.

I have been in touch with the guy in Australia who sells this auto door mirror folding kit.

It's AU91$ Delivered. He answers emails by return and is keen for someone to prove and obviously promot his product. He is confident it works on the IS300h and is working with a Lexus dealership in Sydney. Fitting involves removing the mirror control panel and the door card/panel, cutting some wires and soldering in his kit.

At the moment because of the warrantee issues I am not prepared to do this to my car.

I did this conversion on my IS220d and it worked very well. I haven't done it on my 250 as I am thinking of changing it. Michael, the supplier, now has an outlet in London and so it is easier to get hold of. When I ordered mine t had to come from Oz and I had to pay some additional tax which put the overall cost up. I don't think that everyone who orders one necessarily gets caught for this extra tax, I think that you take your chances.

Have a look at this link.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/75371-folding-mirrors/

well ordered my f sport yesterday and checked the one in the showroom again and felt quite smug when I asked them if it had auto folding mirrors etc. (even though it had the leather pack) to which they said " no sir that only comes on the more expensive model". so I asked for the keys pressed the fob, and guess what, the mirrors folded in. the look on their faces was priceless as the dealer principle was there at the time.

so thanks for the heads up guys now waiting til approx. mid December for delivery :hohoho:

I did have another problem in that I wanted the lighted doorsills. when he added it on the price he added about £80 for fitting I said no way the website quotes a price it says nothing about extra for fitting. I assumed it was done at factory but apparently its classed as an accessory and is fitted locally.i kicked up and said I wasn't paying the £80 so its being fitted for free.

not too impressed for a high end manufacturer 1 mistake down to local dealer and 1 mistake down to the website.hope the car arrives with the wheels fitted to the floor and not the roof :msn-oh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links