Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf Value Tracking...

Lexus use the same px prices as all other garages though don't they?

Ive found they always offer the least.

I didn't know that..the lying gits have always told me they offer the same as everyone else.

Went shopping today at the Fort Dunlop (bham) and as Lexus was next door decided to pop in. They had a beautiful RC-F in Orange, it was really gorgeous and looked better close up then one i saw that drove by me a few weeks ago.

i also had a look at the MesaRed ISF they had (the black one is sold now) i asked the sales man didnt Reno have it, he said Reno garage and this Lexus garage are Part of the same (Vantage) group, so they passed the car to us to sell, he said the new owner was very impressed (i kinda gathered that, after having one myself)

Anyway back to the Mesa Red, i had a look at it and its pretty decent, metal panels were clean, front bumper looked pained and was slightly out of line on the driver side, rear bumper had a scratch in the middle (about 4"), interior was nice n clean, front dics looked abit worn, maybe its been parked thats why.

overall its a nice car, they have reduced it from 25,995 for 21,995.. if someone is intrested and coming from far they might be open to offers.

Quite a few under £20k now. 6 months ago nothing under £23k. Now they are getting back to sensible levels might be time to get my second one :)

True but the first one with reasonable miles is basically 20k. High milers will always be harder to shift. Be interesting to hear what condition they are in. If I listed mine which is an 08 with 58k and basically immaculate bar some bolster wear on the seats and with extended warranty id be starting at 22k and seeing what happens.

Stu

you sound tempted Mark..lol

that's exactly how I bought my car from Lexus in Hull.. everything I pointed out they said we'll do it,

new rear tyres

new front discs

new rear pads

Full service

and 12months Warranty.

I aint spent a penny since I got it and the way I saw it was, if I bought one for 19k (which is VERY rare atm for a ISF (especially in white), id end up spending £1500 if it needed bits and bobs and a warranty too, and that wouldn't be approved either.... so I snapped it up asap

I think I got a decent deal.. you never know it might be worth more later lol.. or the same if that.

I hope they put new front pads on too!

Could be interesting:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lexus/is/unique-show-worthy-lexus-is-f/4266232

Given what I've spent, don't think its a bad price?

Not worried if it doesn't sell, it's only because a good mate is selling his very nice Supra, and I always told him I'd buy it if he did end up selling it! ;)

Just miss the tuning potential the Supra offers. :)

Could be interesting:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lexus/is/unique-show-worthy-lexus-is-f/4266232

Not worried if it doesn't sell, it's only because a good mate is selling his very nice Supra, and I always told him I'd buy it if he did end up selling it! ;)

Wtf! Thought you were in for the long haul??

Could be interesting:

I wouldn't of thought any mods would increase the asking price. If anything less, as most people want standard and even if they are into modding they would want to do themselves from standard.
  • Like 2

Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

If you want a modified IS-F though, good luck sourcing the parts! My job and network of friends has allowed me access to parts most would struggle to get.

I've NEVER sold a modified car for less than I paid for it.

It's also arguably cosmetic changes. Mechanically it's more sound than most others that are for sale currently.

Guess we'll see what happens. ;)

Stu, I may well be in for the long haul.

I've got my reasons for wanting another Supra, but it needs to be the right one.

As we all know, the IS-F will never offer the same tuning potential as a Supra or a Skyline.

That's a limitation I don't like. :(

I also have had yet more hassle from Lexus Woodford which makes me question if I want to support their brand any longer.

Incompetent is an understatement! :(

As I said, we'll see what happens. If it doesn't sell, no drama. :)

Was in this past Monday for a basic service, and the two recalls. Remember I've been planning it for at least 8-10 weeks.

Get there to be told it'll probably be a 2 day job with the engine work for the recalls. Fair enough.

My loaner CT200H has no nav, so I'm using my Iphone. As I'm setting off, service advisor comes out to tell me car will be done the same day, as they don't have the parts for the recall work! :(

Apparently they are on back order!

When I head back that afternoon, I settle the bill and get handed my bill etc. Guy tells me it's all fine, and the service book is all stamped up etc.

Get in the car, decide to check the service book as they hadn't done it last service, no stamp! :(

Now saying they can do the recall work at the beginning of July, and they will come to Kent to drive it back to Woodford for the recall work.

Not sure I like that idea to be honest. :(

Hardly what I call a good customer experience!

Still, the Supra I like has a viewing today. I'm pretty sure he'll sell it as its a mint example.

In which case it's back to my old plan, and maybe a visit to another dealership next year! ;)

Could be interesting:

I wouldn't of thought any mods would increase the asking price. If anything less, as most people want standard and even if they are into modding they would want to do themselves from standard.

priced too much, and I agree strip off the mods. If someone wants mods they will put them on themselves.

Was in this past Monday for a basic service, and the two recalls. Remember I've been planning it for at least 8-10 weeks.

Get there to be told it'll probably be a 2 day job with the engine work for the recalls. Fair enough.

My loaner CT200H has no nav, so I'm using my iPhone. As I'm setting off, service advisor comes out to tell me car will be done the same day, as they don't have the parts for the recall work! :(

Apparently they are on back order!

When I head back that afternoon, I settle the bill and get handed my bill etc. Guy tells me it's all fine, and the service book is all stamped up etc.

Get in the car, decide to check the service book as they hadn't done it last service, no stamp! :(

Now saying they can do the recall work at the beginning of July, and they will come to Kent to drive it back to Woodford for the recall work.

Not sure I like that idea to be honest. :(

Hardly what I call a good customer experience!

Still, the Supra I like has a viewing today. I'm pretty sure he'll sell it as its a mint example.

In which case it's back to my old plan, and maybe a visit to another dealership next year! ;)

Oh ok, not ideal. They have been good to me so far so no complaints my end. For me it's more about how they repair the damage in such situations that makes me move on or keep going back.

Stu

Looks likei missed alot.. new isf owners, pete wanting to sell.. lol, well not now.

i just wanted to comment on the ISFs that are under 20k.. i think you will be stuggling to find these in genuine condition and well looked after.. i also agree with Stu about the decent ones for 20k plus.. mine has done 79k and is spotless, and with having the "in demand" colour id put it up for 22k if i was to sell it... but im not lol.

i really cant see a good example for less then 20k anytime soon.. they were selling for 23k a few years ago and still are.

I seen a 2010 in cardiff lexus for 22k ish, looked wonderful.

if it was this time next year i would be over in a shot, its sold now.

had 40k ish miles i think. hope the new owner likes it

Sounds fairly priced for 2010 model with that kind of milage toffee. Ace I know you're not selling and putting it up for £22k and doing the deal at £22k are two different things but I think you're being optimistic regarding the value. My 2008 has done 68k, has Lexus warranty until July 2017 and is in excellent condition bar stone chips on the front end. If I was offered £22k I would seriously consider selling - not that I am thinking about selling btw.

Edit - actually just noted yours is a 2009 model Ace so maybe not that optimistic :)

• Like 1

Looks likei missed alot.. new isf owners, pete wanting to sell.. lol, well not now.

i just wanted to comment on the ISFs that are under 20k.. i think you will be stuggling to find these in genuine condition and well looked after.. i also agree with Stu about the decent ones for 20k plus.. mine has done 79k and is spotless, and with having the "in demand" colour id put it up for 22k if i was to sell it... but im not lol.

i really cant see a good example for less then 20k anytime soon.. they were selling for 23k a few years ago and still are.

Completely agree. I bet the very cheap ones are in a state.

Mint looking white one with 41k miles for under £20k on AT

thats a cheap motor.. id love to see how long its up for sale.

not to sure about the very very brief description.. i've always looked at brief descriptions on sale cars as someone who dont really care.. but thats just me

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links