Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mobiles Car Kits

Damer

I've read a lot of posts about installing car kits into the IS200 and I am still confused as some of the feedback seems to be conflicting. Can anyone answer the following for me please:

Can a car kit be connected via the stereo so it mutes automatically and the call comes through the existing speakers?

Where do people put their cradles without having to drill the dash?

Is there an after market Bluetooth gizmo you can add to your existing stereo/sat nav to make it work like the new LS, which I think just picks up the signal from your phone and routes it through the stereo?

Cheers if you can help.

Yes, the standard IS stereo has a 'mute' wire which a in-car phone kit can connect to. As for the call going through the speakers, the stereo doesnt have this function, but a small piece of kit could probably do it for you.

As for the colour of the mute wire, Duncan would the best person to answer this (Apparently it kept changing)

The Bluetooth thing, well, again im sure there is an aftermarket kit which could do this for you.

AKA L3X AV log'in prob's.

The answer to your first question is Yes.. The IS200 whether it's a NAV or NON NAv model will allow you to mute the headunit when the phone rings.. Simple one wire connection.

The answer to your second question is No... Not a straight plug in solution. The only one on offer from AUTOLEADS ltd is a Toyota plug in type to pass the phone audio via your IS200 Speaker system.. This does not mate onto the Amp output wire's... BUT can be modified to work, If you tag onto the speaker output stage of your amp ( located left side of the glove box).. Bearing in mind you will only need the front left and front right really. Autoleads Part number PC6-062

Yes, there are phone mounting cradles for sale. A basic one normally about £15, which is either metal or plastic.

You can get a full trimmed up leather one, from DASHMOUNT.COM i think, around £55 but looking very nice. FARGO has one.

The last question... I would say there probally is'nt a straight plug in solution offered by Lexus U.K for a blue tooth like solution offered on their high end LS model range. As I can remember the LS has a complete different system, with an additional control box, probally for the OEM blue tooth phone, and voice navi..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links