Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Loading New Firmware

From a very friendly forum member I got the VC03101F firmware. Several people here in the forum shared it and from what I read almost everyone says it is more stable and works just better. So I have been trying to do an update, the regular way via software update did not work. so I used the alternative method via the diagnostics menu (press and hold menu button and switch lights from on to off 3 times). the firmware loads, but finally I have no option to proceed. (only the back option, others are greyed out)

Did some of you run into this issue?

Screenshot attached.

post-52697-0-66658100-1425892674_thumb.j

Mine is going in on March 20th to be updated to F and to have a new passenger door mirror fitted.............it doesn't dip when engaging reverse.

Geoff, you may have done this already, but I think you have "do something" to get the mirrors to dip. I read it on here, something to do with putting it into reverse and then dipping the mirror and pressing a button when it has dipped as far as you want it. I'm not sure I've got that quite right but it's worth looking in the manual if you haven't already.

Mine is going in on March 20th to be updated to F and to have a new passenger door mirror fitted.............it doesn't dip when engaging reverse.

Geoff, you may have done this already, but I think you have "do something" to get the mirrors to dip. I read it on here, something to do with putting it into reverse and then dipping the mirror and pressing a button when it has dipped as far as you want it. I'm not sure I've got that quite right but it's worth looking in the manual if you haven't already.

Hi David, it is only the passenger side that doesn't dip. The drivers side works perfectly but, if you watch the one on the passenger side whilst engaging reverse, you can see that it is trying to dip but it just judders and that's it. I think that it must be a damaged cog or something simple. The dealer didn't seem to want to try a repair, they just went ahead and ordered a new one. I'm happy enough with that, just as long as the paint is the same as the rest of the car.

• 1 month later...

Hans,

Even though it's been a while and you probably have gotten your firmware updated at Lexus now... I had the same issue with my 2015 IS300h. It came with VC03103D, which had some issues, at least for me.

I got VC03101G, and the car would not take it, ended up with only the back button active as you did.

However, Lexus recently released another version of the firmware - VD12102C. This is said to be a "universal" firmware for several Lexus models. I got it today from my mechanic, and it installed just fine.

Can't say much about improvments yet, but the user interface does feel more responsive, and WiFi connection seems more stable.

-Tore

I'd love to get my hands on version D of the firmware. Any ideas where I could download it?

Dealer only update, the only downloadable one was for traffic updates I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Ross,

As David states, Lexus does not seem to offer the firmware for download. They might be available in the paid section of http://www.lexus-tech.eu though, I have not checked (but there is a lot of good information there, I have downloaded most of the car's electrical schematichs already).

However, my local Lexus dealer seemed to have no problems mailing the firmware file to me so I could avoid the trip to them to have the firmware updated. It's worth sending them an email or giving them a phone call to ask.

-Tore

• 11 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links