Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Ordered A New Is300H F-Sport

Hi, just ordered a new 300h f sport in white with standard navi.

Not for me,it's for for swmbo

Looking forward to it, and any advice I can get on here.

Just a quick question, can anybody tell me the ultimate difference between the standard and premium navi? I was under the assumption it was just a camera and the apps.

Thanks

The reversing camera is the big difference however there are a few others:

• Reversing Camera
  • Remote touch controller
  • DVD player
  • Connected services
    • ​Live traffic update (although standard nav still has RDS-TMC for traffic info)
    • Real time parking information
    • Street View
    • Send destinations from Lexus portal website to vehicle

Not sure if you get speed camera warnings with the standard nav?

I had the premium nav in the CT and to be honest I thought the parking camera/system was excellent - it helped me parallel park in some very tight gaps with no hassle at all. I don't have that in the IS and I think it will be the only thing I really miss. The remote touch mouse? It is okay despite what a lot of people say but I actually prefer the rotary dial right now. The dial actually has 8 way movement so can be used in the same kind of way. Unfortunately, the Exec/Lexus standard Nav locks the rotary function of the dial to zooming the map meaning you have to push the dial to get to menu options, this is not consistent with the way the rest of the car works...

You do get speed camera warnings as well as other things the CT nav didn't such as junction views at motorway intersections and the like. You don't get the option to show the nav instructions on the multi-information display on the dash though... Not too much of a biggie as all the other information you can show on there so you aren't missing out. I haven't looked yet but I don't know if you can split the main screen to show the nav/different information at the same time (apart from other types of navigation information which it did automatically for me when I used it the other day).

Ian, thank you very much. That has answered all my questions. Now I'm quite happy I specced the standard nav rather than the premium ( for the price )

Just one other, I can watch TV and movies through the nav on my disco, and I know that if I specced the premium nav on the Lexus I would get the DVD through the nav. With the standard nav can swmbo watch her iPod and other media (apart from DVD) through her nav screen?

Sorry if this seems a bit of a newby question

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think so. I believe the iPod connection only delivers the audio and not video content. Even if it does, it would of course only work if the car was stationary, in park and the hand (foot) brake applied.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

I just tried it and it isn't working from the Iphone. I tried a USB stick with movies on but it didn't recognise any files on it. That is likely because I didn't format it specifically for the car. The manual specifically states it has a USB video mode. The alternative would be to connecy via an AV cable if such a thing exists.

• 1 year later...

Well, the Mrs has had the car for over a year now. Great car, great to drive, so, I'm going to order another one this week for me to have. Im thinking the Azure Blue. 

Premium nav also has the 2 extra speakers - makes a big difference IMO.

Hmm 2 IS300h's are a bit odd. Just get another Lexus like a GS or an NX. Having 2 identical cars is just silly....

Yes, I see where you're coming from, I was considering the RC but couldn't really justify the extra ££. 

I don't need another SUV type car as I have a disco. I might have a look at the GS again though.

I'll probably change the Mrs car at he beginning of next year so it wouldn't be 2 IS f-sports for long though.... Unless she wants another one :wacko:

I have just switched from an IS300H Fsport to an GS 300H Luxury.  Different cars in many ways but also similar to.  I decided I wanted comfort over sporty so loving the GS.  It seems even better built than the IS. Very comfortable and very refined.  

I have a feeling that the GS is a slow seller so there are good deals to be had.

Ed:yes:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The new one has arrived early. I've got the option to take it now or wait until Sep.

I've opted to leave it as I'll be away for most of this month and I may as well get the new plate in four weeks time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How is the durability of the digital dash? I assume replacing it if it fails won't be cheap. I am also worried about AVS, since it's pretty complex. I am planning to drive the car for at least 10 years, so durability is paramount. Maybe I should be sensible and just not go for the F Sport :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links