Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Funny Squeeking Noise

Claire G

On a couple of occasions now, when I've been leaving the house first thing and it's been freezing cold, I hear a funny squeeking noise from the engine bay. I wondered at first if it could be the fanbelt, but my husband said it sounded like it could be coming from the power steering.

It's an IS200, coming up to 3 years old (April/May) and has done 38k miles. Any ideas?

I have to take it into Lexus anyway, but just wanted some pointers so that I don't seem a complete div when I explain what it's doing...

Thanks!

have exactly the same prob, it gets worse when you turn the steering wheel as well.

take it to the dealer and they just spray it with a little lube. but it does come back! i think thats why they gave me a can of lube!

Claire, I posted a reply to a similar post from The Don.....

Here

Not sure if its the same as what you are experiencing, but worth checking out.....

Basically, I got the car back from the garage and everything is now sorted!! The car drives like a dream and as for the squeak...it's now gone! I have a feeling that this might be something common in a few Lexus'

Neil

I have the same problem on one of the Altezza`s i`m selling, i got told by Toyota it was the Power steering pump, which cost over £400, got it fitted....... still the same!!!

Now they are saying it might be the belt.... sounds the same as has been mentioned, little lube and away it comes, but it still comes back!!! He also said it could be a misallignment between the pullies which is wearing the belt.... need less to say i`m not a happy chappy!!

Due to the fact they are trying to say that because the pump has been fitted they cannot give me a refund.... If they didn`t tell me that it was the pump i wouldn`t have got one!!!!

I`m sure they will change there mind, because other wise the pump will be thrown :tsktsk: :tsktsk: through their rather large and expensive window!!!

I'm telling you guys, this seems to be common on a few Lexus'.....they checked all the belts, power steering, induction system and exhaust.....it was the release bearing in the clutch that was going!!

Clutch has been replaced and the car is a dream again....no squeak either!!

I'm telling you guys, this seems to be common on a few Lexus'.....they checked all the belts, power steering, induction system and exhaust.....it was the release bearing in the clutch that was going!!

Clutch has been replaced and the car is a dream again....no squeak either!!

I`ve had that problem myself mate.... but this is a completely different type of squeak as daft as that might sound...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links