Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'cos the old codgers who drive em would struggle with the little button you have to press, what with the arthritis, driving gloves and packet of Werters Originals in their hands?

:lol::lol:

doesn't it?

is it because it was made before the IS, so not as many cars had it, so it wasn't considered as a feature?

'cos the old codgers who drive em would struggle with the little button you have to press, what with the arthritis, driving gloves and packet of Werters Originals in their hands?

I was going to reply to that, but I have urgent business at the post office. I need to pop on my tartan slippers first as well. Ooh, and I fancy a tin of salmon for my tea.

When I was faffing about in the new LS at my dealer the other day I was amazed at the absolute silence as the steering wheel popped in and out compared to the GS, but the folding mirrors made a noise like a bee sawing down a tree.

It's naught but a gimmick, whippersnappers.

Heavens, you can't drive to the Post Office on pension day. You have to take your little shopping trolley very slowly along the pavement in a wibbly wobbly fashion, and make sure you stop in the doorway of Marks and Spencers to talk about your operation.

Used to have folding mirrors in a Merc and found them useful in tight situations. Trouble is that I often found myself forgetting to return them to normal. Gave me a bloody good view of a strange old man behind me.

kent (56) :blush:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mark_tsang
Don't know why they don't put them on the GS in the UK. It's a wider car than the IS and therefore I would have thought there was more need for them?

would of thought current GS300 got them by now. Toyota Avensis has them now. & JDM starlet & Micras got them.

I know that the US/LHD mirrors are slightly different to the RHD versions and do not have the electric folding mirrors, so probably it is not avail for the LHD.

But the UK should be the same as the Japanese models.

Let me check what is required to add this function to the UK models. However, it will take until early Feb, since it is Chinese New Year and everything is closed :)

• 1 month later...

SO what is happening with the folding mirrors.

No lexus in North america has power folding mirrors. We are tooo fat and drive land cruiser stlye vehicles on 5 lane roads to need more space.

I have bought the jdm mirrors to add to my NA ES 300/windom/camry.

Finally got the mirrors 5 months ago ,then realized i also needed a relay to operate them as well. Luckly i don't have to use teh button from toyota as it is only a momentary gorund output anyway ( i can use a regular switch).

Finally got the relay from a jdm avalon today and have to figure out the rest of the wiring to the relay as i know what wires except for 4 (out of 22) on the mirrors do ,the relay has 11 ,i know one of them has to be ground. And the power mirrors switch has 8 and i have figured that out with the help of a NA schematic from my lexus service manuals.

If anyone has any ideas on the wiring i would love to know.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links