Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jodie Kidd is apparently hotly tipped to join Top Gear, having been seen lunching with Jeremy Clarkson. I can't believe it, she's painful to watch on the classic car show, I can't even watch it any more. That'll be the end of my viewing I'm afraid

• Like 1

Me too. But I cant honestly believe that those in charge of Top Gear haven't watched her in Classic Car Show and have the same nerve wrenching, embarrassing, awkwardness and downright amateurish synthetic friendship between her and Quentin Wilson the rest of the populous have experienced. Just scrub the program completely as it was well past its best by date and formulate another car program entirely. Mike.

• Like 4

Me too. But I cant honestly believe that those in charge of Top Gear haven't watched her in Classic Car Show and have the same nerve wrenching, embarrassing, awkwardness and downright amateurish synthetic friendship between her and Quentin Wilson the rest of the populous have experienced. Just scrub the program completely as it was well past its best by date and formulate another car program entirely. Mike.

Couldn't agree more - spot on.

I'm not bothered about Kidd, it's Wilson that's been the big disappointment for me.

I've always enjoyed his programmes, but he was dreadful on the classic show, it's like he was a 78 played at 45rpm, and he also looks like he's been embalmed.

Actually, that would explain the constant squirming in his chair.

I'd be amazed if there was a second series, but even more amazed if Kidd made it on to top gear..... I'd be a happy bunny if the lovely Sabine got the job though

• Like 1

No matter what format or who hosts the new programme people will complain. As long as it has good cars, fun reviews and passable presenters I'm happy. It needed a change and I for one am glad it will be changed.

Classic car show is a shocker with false scripted humour. Mostly boring reviews (to me) and average presenting. I just can't get to grips with Quentin. He comes across as a massive letch and a peeve for some reason. I have no issues with jodie.

Stu

I reckon Vicki Butler-Henderson (of Fifth Gear fame) would be a good replacement for Clarkson. She's a natural in front of the camera (unlike Jodie Kidd) and she can really handle a car too (again, better than Jodie Kidd). Vicki B-H has a fun personality and knows her stuff. I bet May and Hamster would love her.

Why does it need 3 people who each command huge salaries to present a one hour car program? Mike.

BECAUSE THE BBC IS ONLY INTERESTED IN RATINGS AND IT IS SO EASY TO SPEND SOMEONE ELSE`S MONEY (YOURS AND MINE!)

Regards

John

I have always enjoyed watching car reviews by Rebecca Jackson on youtube, previously for carbuyer.com, and now for telegraph cars. She is a good driver and has some sense of humor as well. Tarun

I reckon Vicki Butler-Henderson (of Fifth Gear fame) would be a good replacement for Clarkson. She's a natural in front of the camera (unlike Jodie Kidd) and she can really handle a car too (again, better than Jodie Kidd). Vicki B-H has a fun personality and knows her stuff. I bet May and Hamster would love her.

I do hope not, her voice really grates with me and she was part of the old Top Gear that was rightly cancelled. Being married to the Top Gear director probably means she is in with a shout.

Why does it need 3 people who each command huge salaries to present a one hour car program? Mike.

BECAUSE THE BBC IS ONLY INTERESTED IN RATINGS AND IT IS SO EASY TO SPEND SOMEONE ELSE`S MONEY (YOURS AND MINE!)

Regards

John

The trouble with you John is you just sit on the fence. Only joking. I am aware of the way the BBC wastes our money. I believe the wine and food bill for the last accounting year was £49 million, but then when you are given £4.7 billion in license payers money plus product placement fees which if course the BBC never does as they don't advertise and of course there are the retail sales to add and when all that is taken into account £49 million for a few meals and some vintage wine is a mere trifle. Mike.

• Like 1

Regards

John

My understanding is that Top Gear has been a profitable franchise for the BBC, which means that it's been money well spent. Perhaps you'd prefer them not to take any notice of how many people watch the programmes and spend as little as possible on them? Doesn't sound like it would be very entertaining though...

top gear its not really a car show,its an entertainment show that involves cars,its for people with no attention span,but there is no real demand for car shows except for enthusiast,would only be a small audience.at least there is a classic car show,and a lot of the content is interesting,people driving fast around airfields and racetracks does'nt give any indication of real world car usage

i watch wheeler dealers,for the love of cars,chasing classic cars,and things like fast and loud,none of them are perfect but a lot better to watch, while the wife got her soaps on.to be fair jodie kidd can drive fairly well,she done quite a few races in the past

• Like 2

Regards

John

My understanding is that Top Gear has been a profitable franchise for the BBC, which means that it's been money well spent. Perhaps you'd prefer them not to take any notice of how many people watch the programmes and spend as little as possible on them? Doesn't sound like it would be very entertaining though...

The BBC may well have a profitable product with Top Gear but they should have looked after it a little better and seen that there was a monster in their midst and sorted it long before now. There are many good dramas that are on for 6 to 8 weeks runs but often after 6 or so series, sometimes more sometimes left they are knocked on the head mainly because the actors involved want to move on so as not to get stereo typed. There have been changes of presenting staff in the past and it was long overdue for Top Gear.

Ratings. The BBC are not in a ratings war with independent companies its remit is entirely different where quality of content is far more important. So there is no argument there.

It would be interesting to know how many LOC members watch James May and the Hamsters programs which they have made independently of Top Gear and JC. Mike.

• Like 1

I've watched the odd James May thing, he's almost bearable without the other two clowns, but if Richard Hammond was performing in my back garden, I'd draw the curtains.

Clarkson is just a spoilt brat, who should have been cut down to size long ago, before he turned top gear in to panto.

I like my motoring programmes to be about cars, preferably those that aren't the preserve of the uber rich, and therefore of little interest to me.

If that puts me in a minority, so be it, I don't really care.

• Like 1

Also find Bob Flavin quite funny. Tarun

Bob Flavin would be an inspired choice. He could resuscitate the programme. It would definitely be a nice, relaxed watch

• Like 1

Jason Plato, Edd China and Chris Harris would be my personal choice, as a host of experience between them all in different fields of motoring!

Or just get good ol William Woollard back! :P

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links