Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Interior

Adie

I'm thinking of changing the interior of my IS200 S to a half leather one from a sport. Has anybody done this? How easy / hard is it to do?

This includes changing the door cards, both front seats and back seats.

Can the front seats still be wired up to the S, Heating, adjustment, seat belt sensor etc?

Also how hard is it to swap the steering wheel over and put the airbag from mine into the other one?

Thanks for any help / advice

Adie

Another trip up north mate  :ph34r:

Thats what i was thinking. The interior is up that way anyway, from the breakers Anees has been dealing with.

Just wondering if its worth the hassle of changing the interior or just get a bodykit instead :blush:

I've changed my interior to leather. Wasn't to hard to do. Only thing that I couldn't work out was how to wire in the heated seats. Electrics was just a case of having a positive to one of the wires.

I've changed my interior to leather. Wasn't to hard to do. Only thing that I couldn't work out was how to wire in the heated seats. Electrics was just a case of having a positive to one of the wires.

So you managed to get the seats to adjust electricaly?

So you managed to get the seats to adjust electricaly?

Yeah, managed to get the seat to work electrically. Can't remember what wire it was for the electrics but wilkl have a look for you when I get a chance.

Yeh done mine.

Although they hardly work :( slow

I think i need better earth, although the seats should earth themselfs through the mountings....

will sort them when i have seats out for some cable runs....

• 1 month later...

hi, i am doing the same for mine at the moment, and have the same problem with the seats, i cannot adjust them as I havent the cables!

I tried connecting the seat belt sensor to the seat electrics but this probably did not produce enough power!

is it worth running a wire from another source there? i appreciate any advice!

I just bought Fargo's covers from his IS300 which are full leather which he kindly fitted for me with me as his apprentice :D

Did'nt have any electrics on the seats and didn't bother as I hardly used them on the IS anyway. IMHO, apart for anything else it's quicker to just to pull up the bar and move the seat.

In general whatever you decide on electrics the leather is a worthwhile mod :D

A Retrim?

Anywhere from £700-£2500!!!

Depends what you want, and which hide you pick and obviously how good a craftsman the trimmers are...

In Northampton... i can't say i know of any.. but have a look in your yellow pages for one.

A Retrim?

Depends what you want, and which hide you pick and obviously how good a craftsman the trimmers are...

In Northampton... i can't say i know of any.. but have a look in your yellow pages for one.

Cheers mate. I thought it'd be a cheaper alternative than to change the seats etc. Guess i was wrong :blush:

A Retrim?

Cheers mate. I thought it'd be a cheaper alternative than to change the seats etc. Guess i was wrong :blush:

If you would really like to change to leather seats, you should try these people:

http://www.katzkin.com/SITE/HTML/index.html

I am not 'handy' enough to install them myself, but if you are, the price is very good. I spent $1070.00 for them installed and taxed. It should be that good for you if you can find a local installer. This company will cut and sow the leathers before they ship them They will arrive ready for installation.

My seats are Tuscony Leather and are glove soft. I chose two-toned inserts also.

YOu can see the seats at:

http://www.showoffyourcar.com/galleries.asp?carid=1680

If you would really like to change to leather seats, you should try these people:

I am not 'handy' enough to install them myself, but if you are, the price is very good. I spent $1070.00 for them installed and taxed. It should be that good for you if you can find a local installer. This company will cut and sow the leathers before they ship them They will arrive ready for installation.

My seats are Tuscony Leather and are glove soft. I chose two-toned inserts also.

Look very nice mate. Dont know if they ship to UK though

Look very nice mate. Dont know if they ship to UK though

I wondered if Katzkins would ship to the UK also. So I emailed them and asked.

Here is their reply:

Dear Richard,

We do ship to Britain, the price is $95.00 for Priority Federal Express, and

86.00 for economy. They can email me their order if they prefer. The price

of the interior should be the same or around that price depending on what

they choose.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

Lisa Marie Cerda

Katzkin Leather/Autoleathers.com

1-800-842-0590 Ext. 132

1-866-757-3287

lisac@katzkin.com

TexasComputerMan

Here is their reply:

Dear Richard,

86.00 for economy.  They can email me their order if they prefer.  The price

they choose. 

Best Regards,

Lisa Marie Cerda

1-800-842-0590 Ext. 132

1-866-757-3287

lisac@katzkin.com

TexasComputerMan

Nice one mate :D

Here is their reply:

Dear Richard,

86.00 for economy.  They can email me their order if they prefer.  The price

they choose. 

Best Regards,

Lisa Marie Cerda

1-800-842-0590 Ext. 132

1-866-757-3287

lisac@katzkin.com

TexasComputerMan

Nice one mate :D

I know that you would really like these leather seats, I did pay a little extra to get the Tuscany leather. I truly like these seats. Much better than the stock Lexus leathers.

in the end you get what you pay for, personaly if you want top quality you gotta get it trimmed directly by a trimmer with your seats in front of them!

Otherwise you end up with baggy corners, and pleats where there should be none, plus they fit them and problem solve any little bits there and then.

If you go gold there is a company there that can do all that for you to the same standard as mine!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links