Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone

Gary Woodman

Hi Everyone

Im new here, yesterday I looked at a 03 reg Lexus IS200 with 41000 miles, manual.

I yet to buy it but would like to know any info/faults on this car?

At the moment I own a Rover 75 and there is a great club for them and I am glad there is a club for the lexus as well. I hope it is just as welcoming and happy here.

Regards

Gary

Good morning, hello and welcome to the LOC,

Enjoy your stay and the car!

Regards,

Jamie

Hi

Thank you for the welcome Jammy. I haven't got the car yet but after the test drive yesterday it does half go! Is there anything I should be aware? When is the next service due? And cambelt/s?

Regards

Gary

If you look under the lexus knowledge link on the home page there's stuff like this...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=41&c=5

40k service is about £400 so check thats been done. Next one is 50k which is something like £100.

I think cambelt change is 100k. Mine had done 95k when I sold it and hadn't had it changed yet.

If you look under the lexus knowledge link on the home page there's stuff like this...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=41&c=5

40k service is about £400 so check thats been done. Next one is 50k which is something like £100.

I think cambelt change is 100k. Mine had done 95k when I sold it and hadn't had it changed yet.

Hi

Thanks javadude for the info. You all seem a nice friendly lot on here :). I think I will enjoy my time on here and my time owning a Lexus...be good once its actually mine and I can take it where I want! Yesterday I could only take it for a short drive, even though it was a nice mix of country & town so it did show off to be all of its skill!

Regards

Tom

Welcome to the LOC you'll fond us all a friendly and helpful bunch!

Buying a Lexus will be one of the best things you can do when it comes to cars, there's not many faults as they are renowned for reliability and more toys that toys r us especially for your money!! :D

I think you'll also have people give you more notice than in a rover 75 no offense meant.

Look forward to hearing how the purchase goes and what you think when you can take the old girl out a bit further.

Don't forget to get some pics up if and when you get it on the drive.

Good luck mate.

Also i phoned lexus up recently about service intervals and they said the cambelt is normally changed on the 60, 000 service. But i'm sure there's plenty of people on here who know what it is for certain.

Cam belt change is only £200 at most. B)

Buying a Lexus will be one of the best things you can do when it comes to cars, there's not many faults as they are renowned for reliability and more toys that toys r us especially for your money!! :D

I think you'll also have people give you more notice than in a rover 75 no offense meant.

Look forward to hearing how the purchase goes and what you think when you can take the old girl out a bit further.

Good luck mate.

Also i phoned lexus up recently about service intervals and they said the cambelt is normally changed on the 60, 000 service. But i'm sure there's plenty of people on here who know what it is for certain.

Thanks, thats good to hear!

Yeah im sure it will be :) I hope so anyway! I will miss my Rover 75....the interior is slightly more welcoming than that of the Lexus...but it might just be because I need to get used to a dark interior....??

Yep thanks, I am ringing the garage tomorrow to confirm that I would like to buy it and see where it goes from there....if all goes well should have it by the end of the week...its all up to the DVLA as I need the private plate changed and the Lexus needs to be taxed, so that will be fun...does anybody have an idea of how long it will take for a private plate transfer?

Yep sure will get some pics when I get her...can't wait to take her out by myself and just let her go...sort of thing!

And ok thanks the info about the cam belt change.

I have read 'some' reviews that say that the IS200 is underpowered when pulling away is this true?

Regards

Gary

Good luck mate.

Thanks, thats good to hear!

Yeah im sure it will be :) I hope so anyway! I will miss my Rover 75....the interior is slightly more welcoming than that of the Lexus...but it might just be because I need to get used to a dark interior....??

Yep thanks, I am ringing the garage tomorrow to confirm that I would like to buy it and see where it goes from there....if all goes well should have it by the end of the week...its all up to the DVLA as I need the private plate changed and the Lexus needs to be taxed, so that will be fun...does anybody have an idea of how long it will take for a private plate transfer?

Yep sure will get some pics when I get her...can't wait to take her out by myself and just let her go...sort of thing!

And ok thanks the info about the cam belt change.

I have read 'some' reviews that say that the IS200 is underpowered when pulling away is this true?

Regards

Gary

Hi Gary, if you take all the papers to DVLA office thay will do same day for you :winky:

You do have to rev the is200, to get anywhere with it really :D

Hi Gary, if you take all the papers to DVLA office thay will do same day for you :winky:

Thanks gord for the info. I spoke to the garage earlier and they told me that if I get the car with the current plates it will take a week to go...for the finance etc... but if I use my private plates then it will take A MONTH!!! Shall I just deal with the private plate transfer myself?

Regards

Gary

Thanks gord for the info. I spoke to the garage earlier and they told me that if I get the car with the current plates it will take a week to go...for the finance etc... but if I use my private plates then it will take A MONTH!!! Shall I just deal with the private plate transfer myself?

Regards

Gary

Think I will reword the above...so hopefully I can get an answer......

I spoke to the garage yesterday over the phone and was told if I buy the Lexus with its current plates on it wilil take a week for me to be able to drive it away from the forecourt, however if I want to buy the Lexus with my private plates on it....it will take up to A MONTH!!!

However gord says it will take a day....I would have agreed with gord but does anybody have a true answer? Should I just buy the lexus with its current plates and then transfer private plates myself?

Regards

Gary

Regards

Gary

Hi and welcome to loc

as gord said if you go to your local dvla office you can get it done there and then I cant understand why the garage ppl telling u its going to b a month...

Regards

Gary

Hi and welcome to loc

as gord said if you go to your local dvla office you can get it done there and then I cant understand why the garage ppl telling u its going to b a month...

Welcome to LOC :D

As said above just buy it with the current plates and handle the transfer yourself, really easy to do.

So how do I go about it? I have never dealt with it myself....do I just take down V5 document to DVLA office and say I want to transfer plate from my current car (Rover 75) to the Lexus?? What happens about the private plates on the rover 75 at the moment? Do I just leave the garage to deal with that?

Basically im really stupid at things like this...could somebody guide me step by step? I really would be glad of this.

Regards

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links