Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tdi Dyno Day

Moffet

Just thought I'd start a thread for the results. Will be interesting to see them all side by side on a level playing field.

Here's mine:

tdidyno.jpg

I'm happy with the result. Glad I had the belt tightened before it went on, and the car definately felt better for it on the way home.

I think the loss of torque low down is because of the exhaust on my car. It was actually lower than a standard IS at 2500rpm :crybaby: The exhaust did make it the loudest though :winky:

Theres mine, 132.5bhp =~ 159bhp

Would like to see aztecbandit1's as a comparison...what was it Chris, 153.7 bhp @ the wheels?

Hello Mate very nice to meet you yesterday :D Mine was lower than Vyker's at 128.7 bhp and approx 154.4 bhp but was funny to see mine was higher at 2500rpm than Moffets so at least i got something a bit higher :lol:

The main reason i went, was to see how it was running and to see if any mods do make an improvement in the future? But was happy to see its not lost any from the standard quoted figure :) will try and get my graph up later so you can compare :)

A pleasure as always to meet you and Lyndsey, glad you liked my brakes :D

As you my friend. I think the guy in front liked your brakes more than I did :P Mine are rubbish. I should get some new ones methinks.

@Moffet, what performance mods you got on the car fella??

Not a lot to be honest. I was suprised at the results. Just the supercharger with K&N filter in the airbox, and the 3" exhaust with twin Supra HKS Hiper backboxes off the Monster. Not sure if the exhaust is a help or a hinderence though, but certainly a hinderance at low revs.

I got 187.4RWHP and people generally said that it would be approx 20% higher at the fly which gives 224.9HP. I personally think that is a bit high because TTE say that with the charger it should be around 204HP. I don't really see where the other 20HP has come from. Anyone else think their result was a bit high?

Nice results there Adam you must be quite pleased with that.

Thanks mate. Just wanted to make sure it was on par with the other s/c cars because it seemed sluggish. Turned out the belt was loose though (thanks to Prolex-Dave and Gord for pointing that out BTW!) so was much better after it was tightened. The performance low down is terrible though, worse than the standard IS as we found. Just compare the torque curves! Catches up to the other s/c cars at about 3500-4000 revs though.

Mine put out 194.something at the wheels which was slightly higher than when it was dyno'd in the summer that was 187.something remembering that it was very very very cold i think hp could have been slightly higher due to denser air.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links