Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F v' RC-F - Depreciation

On 5/3/2017 at 0:21 PM, MNMJ said:

I saw an RC300h in Orange today at Lexus Chester. When the sun is reflecting on it and if you stand up close, there is a lovely goldish tinge. But from a distance or when overcast I found it to be an unpleasant shade.

I was looking at one in Lexus Woodford.... that paint is complete bonkers for me. I believe it would fit RC-F, but for RC300h is shouts - "here I am, with no power" and those incredibly tiny rear rotors just shines from inside of 19-inch rims as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

I was looking at one in Lexus Woodford.... that paint is complete bonkers for me. I believe it would fit RC-F, but for RC300h is shouts - "here I am, with no power" and those incredibly tiny rear rotors just shines from inside of 19-inch rims as well.

Absolutely.....need some power to match that strong colour! 

On Thu May 04 2017 at 10:18 PM, emjay82 said:

Absolutely.....need some power to match that strong colour! 

I dunno, I think of your going to have a car like an RC, you can't then get a boring colour.  Brighter the better

On 2017-5-4 at 10:14 PM, Linas.P said:

But only to those in the know. Joe Public think it's a very powerful and fast car, certainly from the comments I've had with my Sonic Red RC300h. Even my (very fast and powerful) AMG didn't attract as many admiring glances and comments. Even the Boys in Blue are paying me far too much attention, never had this with any previous car....

Loving it :yahoo:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

But only to those in the know. Joe Public think it's a very powerful and fast car, certainly from the comments I've had with my Sonic Red RC300h. Even my (very fast and powerful) AMG didn't attract as many admiring glances and comments. Even the Boys in Blue are paying me far too much attention, never had this with any previous car....

Peter, if you are Wiltshire based, Kemble can't be a million miles from you. Bring your flash car over for us to drool over at the next meet.

Just down the road from me, thanks for the invite. I'll check with my social secretary. What time? 

I'm away the previous w/e at a Mercedes meet down south, so can't commit as my calendar might suddenly get filled.....

8 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Just down the road from me, thanks for the invite. I'll check with my social secretary. What time? 

I'm away the previous w/e at a Mercedes meet down south, so can't commit as my calendar might suddenly get filled.....

See here

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 8:44 AM, NemesisUK said:

I believe that is basically the point ( I know I am taking your post out of context) - RC is already striking looking car in any colour and to get the attention you don't need to paint it in bonkers orange. With my 24h demo and had so many awkward moments people over-admiring it and it was graphite black (the colour I would choose of any RC). The first one happened probably 5 minutes away from the dealership when cabbie stopped by showing me to open the window ... and I was like "what is your problem" and he was like "what a beautiful car!" (oooops). Then I drove it to Eastbourne and accidentally parked it next to gold wrapped CLS AMG "shooting brake" and I found group of german tourist taking pictures in front of RC not the MB when I came back after short walk (bare in mind it was like February and 10PM).... and that is not from year of ownership, but 24h test drive.

Based on this I see no reason why RC300h would need orange paint.... it just seems little ridiculous for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I believe that is basically the point ( I know I am taking your post out of context) - RC is already striking looking car in any colour and to get the attention you don't need to paint it in bonkers orange. With my 24h demo and had so many awkward moments people over-admiring it and it was graphite black (the colour I would choose of any RC). The first one happened probably 5 minutes away from the dealership when cabbie stopped by showing me to open the window ... and I was like "what is your problem" and he was like "what a beautiful car!" (oooops). Then I drove it to Eastbourne and accidentally parked it next to gold wrapped CLS AMG "shooting brake" and I found group of german tourist taking pictures in front of RC not the MB when I came back after short walk (bare in mind it was like February and 10PM).... and that is not from year of ownership, but 24h test drive.

Based on this I see no reason why RC300h would need orange paint.... it just seems little ridiculous for me.

Maybe its not a case of need, its a case of want, no car needs to be painted a particular colour, people buy it because they like it, like you with graphite black.......................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

Maybe its not a case of need, its a case of want, no car needs to be painted a particular colour, people buy it because they like it, like you with graphite black.......................

Some people even buy blue cars!!!! :yahoo:

On 5/20/2017 at 7:30 PM, Mark G said:

oooh I completely agree with that - after all we live in "free" country and everyone can choose what they like..... However, sometimes things just looks plainly stupid and over the top. Orange on RC300h and 200t doesn't look stupid, but is almost comparable with 1.2 Clio with stripes:

nealladybirdclio3.jpg

yep... looks childish..... 

I might be boring, but I attach completely different qualities with Lexus - that may be refinement, quality etc... and this colour is simply not suitable. Again ... the colour would be just fine on RC-F, because it has guts to fulfil the claim. Similar applies to stripes:

Lamborghini-Aventador-Stripe-Kit.jpg

Same colour scheme, but does not look childish... Again just my opinion, but this trick of painting slow car "fast colour" and slamming "super turbo GT" on the side is just too cheap to catch me.

• Like 1

The only thing I can say about the ISF that your talking about in Lexus Guildford is that although it is stupidly priced, that particular example is a 1 in 5, in mercury grey so they more than likely are holding it with a collector in mind as a future buyer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThebigC said:

The only thing I can say about the ISF that your talking about in Lexus Guildford is that although it is stupidly priced, that particular example is a 1 in 5, in mercury grey so they more than likely are holding it with a collector in mind as a future buyer. 

I think the ISF is a long way from being a collectors item. Someone might pay a slight premium for a scarcely available colour but not that much. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I think the ISF is a long way from being a collectors item. Someone might pay a slight premium for a scarcely available colour but not that much. 

@emjay82 I agree with that but.....

but there is a certain white one up north........ 🤑

🐀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 I agree with that but.....

but there is a certain white one up north........ 🤑

🐀

If I were buying in that price range that 'certain white one' would be top of my list 👍. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, emjay82 said:

I don't think the IS-F will ever be a collector's item. :(

Somehow I believe it will be... I mean c'mon Lotus Carlton is considered classic car - that is Vauxhall... See no reason why IS-F won't become one. I guess negative side is that Lexus is too reliable, which means it will stay on the road (or majority alt least) and that becomes negative considering feature "rare" or "classic" status. But one important thing - colour makes no (or very little) difference, especially for classic cars. After all most classic cars need full restoration before becoming valuable and if colour is any important it can be changed. Finally, car and not the colour scarcity is important, people tastes make more difference - it may be the case that mercury grey is not the colour the majority likes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links