Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus salesfigures 2016

For those that are interested.

UK - Lexus IS total sales in 2016 - 2408 cars. All Lexus models in 2016 Uk adds up to 13.913 cars. To put this into perspective we can take the BMW UK sales all models in 2016 of 182.593

Lexus total European sales were 44.287 cars of which 6234 were IS. The vast majority of all Lexus cars end up in the states with 331.228 units sold.

Total Global Lexus sales were around 658.000 units. so roughly 2% of this ends up in the UK.

If we look at the IS with 2408 units in 2016 it might be interesting to know that an top premium brand like Porsche moved 13700 units in 2016.

So, if you were in doubt if your IS was exclusive or not, now you know!

Feel free to draw your own conclusions...

• Like 2

Interesting figures, year on year comparisons would be useful too.  Found them here; http://media.lexus.co.uk/2017/05/lexus-vehicle-sales-figures-1990-2017/

Isn't the comparison to BMW unfair as Lexus is a sub-brand of Toyota, but I appreciate your point about being exclusive.

See what happens if you include Lexus + Toyota car sales.

Worth noting that BMW have a vast range of models as well and appear to fill as many niches as they can find, in some cases, creating some.

Surprising that the NX was the most popular car in the range last year.  I would have thought it would have been the CT.

No wonder 2nd hand GS's are so hard to find since they sold so few.

Well for now am just glad and happy to say I belong to an exclusive club and don't have a car that every other tom,***** and harry has lol 😁 

• Like 1

As the Lexus IS is a direct competitor to the BMW 3 series we could compare the two.

Lexus IS last year 2408 units. BMW 3 series roughly 50,000, So, it takes BMW some 2 weeks to shift thesame amount of cars that Lexus does in a year.

If we then also know that only two ( 2) % of global Lexus sales end up in the UK we could draw the conclusion that the UK market is pretty irrelevant to them.

I think the Lexus Brand must be heavily subsidised by Toyota as it seems almost impossible to me to make money with those figures.

We seem to be more exclusive than we realize! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Surprising that the NX was the most popular car in the range last year.  I would have thought it would have been the CT.

Generally people are moving more towards SUVs hence why Lexus were considering replacing the CT with a small crossover called the UX. 

However, since then, they've now thought about keeping the CT in the range and updating it. Guess we'll find out in a year or so 

17 hours ago, Shahpor said:

It's not surprising at all, the NX is their best seller . Same with Jaguar now , their best seller is the F Pace , their SUV equivalent.

i recently went to Miami, I was amazed at how many Lexus cars I saw there , mostly RX , NX and IS . 

• Like 1

More than half of Lexus production is SUV or Trucks as they call them in the States. Like with all brands people want SUV s. the sedan is dead, the sportscars are dead ( ever wondered why you can buy 700 hp Suvs these days, these are the new "sportscars". 

the CT is by far the worst car in the Lexus line up and only sells if tax benefits are there. 

On topic, i personally think the NX and RX are too close together, it takes a connaiseur to recognize them they look almost thesame size and the love or hate styling makes them difficult to sell in Europe. Not so in the States where they sell like hot cakes. 

13 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

the CT is by far the worst car in the Lexus line up and only sells if tax benefits are there. 

I had one as a service loan and it was dire.

14 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

More than half of Lexus production is SUV or Trucks as they call them in the States. Like with all brands people want SUV s. the sedan is dead, the sportscars are dead ( ever wondered why you can buy 700 hp Suvs these days, these are the new "sportscars". 

On topic, i personally think the NX and RX are too close together, it takes a connaiseur to recognize them they look almost thesame size and the love or hate styling makes them difficult to sell in Europe. Not so in the States where they sell like hot cakes. 

Trip to specsavers perhaps?

There's a huge size difference - the RX almost dwarfs the NX

Could be worse, could be Mercedes C, E  and S class (Small, medium and Large). Or perhaps even the GLC and the GLE (pig and fat pig)

Picture1.png

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links