Recommended Posts

 

Ebay says 275 people bought them so they can't be that bad . I would say give it a try and it is not ok you can always return it . 

When mine went on the gs450 i have bought some osrams from http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/ for about £60-70 i don;t remember exactly . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered them earlier, are they awkward to replace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, but be careful to have all electric circuits off, as Xenon works with high voltage.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to replace mine and found it very awkward on the 430 - had to remove the airfilter box and move coolant bottle out of the way to gain access - maybe someone with smaller handles and nimble fingers might be able to fit it without problems.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2017 at 10:46 AM, Zotto said:

No, but be careful to have all electric circuits off, as Xenon works with high voltage.

I Installed them earlier and it was a five minute job! I recommend that eBay seller too everything was spot on..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not to impressed with the lights on my 2010 gs450 I was thinking of replacing with osram night breaker's has any one used them or can anyone reccomend any bulbs which are a decent upgrade over the standerd bulbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2017 at 5:50 AM, Fireblade1 said:

not to impressed with the lights on my 2010 gs450 I was thinking of replacing with osram night breaker's has any one used them or can anyone reccomend any bulbs which are a decent upgrade over the standerd bulbs

I'm thinking the same as this.

 

My bulbs are very disappointing, I'd say bordering on inadequate (I've had brighter non-xenons).  I assume Xenons dim over time?  On a 10yr old car with 120k I guess they'll not be operating like newer bulbs?

Malachy did you see an improvement in your new bulb?  Are they tricky to fit on a GS450H?  I replaced parking lights recently and they were a nightmare to fit! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2017 at 5:50 AM, Fireblade1 said:

not to impressed with the lights on my 2010 gs450 I was thinking of replacing with osram night breaker's has any one used them or can anyone reccomend any bulbs which are a decent upgrade over the standerd bulbs

My son has the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited Halogen H7 bulbs and they are very good. Almost too good in fact. Oncoming cars WILL flash 70% of the time even if headlight adjustment is right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cpk said:

I'm thinking the same as this.

 

My bulbs are very disappointing, I'd say bordering on inadequate (I've had brighter non-xenons).  I assume Xenons dim over time?  On a 10yr old car with 120k I guess they'll not be operating like newer bulbs?

Malachy did you see an improvement in your new bulb?  Are they tricky to fit on a GS450H?  I replaced parking lights recently and they were a nightmare to fit! 

No it made fek all difference with new bulbs plus I had my lights restored like new as they were gone cloudy and they are the same....😦😦😦

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malachy, how you restore head lights? Cleaners, or sanding down and clear coat? Mine gone at top, so not interfering with light, but starting to spoil looks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem.

A touch of "Mother's plastic polish" gets rid of the haze but only for a couple of months.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cpk said:

I have the same problem.

A touch of "Mother's plastic polish" gets rid of the haze but only for a couple of months.

 

The haze is caused by UV radiation oxidising the plastic. To get it to last any longer you need to polish it up and then put on a UV-resistant protective top coat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Upex said:

Malachy, how you restore head lights? Cleaners, or sanding down and clear coat? Mine gone at top, so not interfering with light, but starting to spoil looks

Autoglym headlight restoration kit, a drill and a handful of brave tablets :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Autoglym headlight restoration kit, a drill and a handful of brave tablets :biggrin:

Yep I used a Meguairs kit which included the protective coat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will try a cleaning kit first then, although I think it's glazed a bit too much, as lots of very small tiny crack lines showing in the hazy areas, perhaps its a prior coating giving up the ghost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now