Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Worlds First Piggy Back Vvt-i Controller

SpOcK

I found this, and I'm planning to order one. It should be of great benefit at least for those with S/C or T/C...

By altering the intake cam opening and adding a little overlap on the lower end, should help with turbo spool up, and also add a little torque.

Check out the LINK, and post what you think.

(The original page is japanese only, so the link above is already translated with Babelfish.)

More info...

Power Enterprise has developed the CAMCON unit to control numerous Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura models equiped with variable valve controlled engines. The CAMCON allows the driver to adjust and tune multiple settings in the engine including real-time engine timing adjustments at 500rpm increments, and the ability to modify the air/fuel ratio. The CAMCON can also modify the VTEC cross-over point on engines that feature VTEC and iVTEC!!

The CAMCON unit is perfect for tuning vehicles such as and the Lexus IS300, Toyota Celica, Toyota Matrix, and the new Scion xA/xB/tC, as well as the Acura Integra GS-R, Honda Civic Si, and many more!

Adjusts VVT-i valvetiming within +20° ~ -20°. Setting is done in 1.0° increments every 500rpm from 2000rpm to 9000rpm for a total of 15 points.

Set VTEC high cam point cross-over in 100rpm intervals from 2000rpm to 9000rpm for Honda VTEC/i-VTEC engines.

Precise adjustments of air/fuel every 500rpm between 2000rpm and 9000rpm, within +20% ~ -10% in 1.0% increments.

Easy piggy-back style installation requires you to simply tap and connect into the stock harness.

PE-CC101-2.jpg

$350 from Rollincustoms.com

I shall be looking at one ASAP.

Soooo... with a s/c or t/c.

With this piggy.... should the VVTi raised or lowered.. what do you think? :shifty:

Who will be clever enough to explain it to us.. ? :winky:

What are professional tuners thinking about this item? Worth a try?

Soooo... with a s/c or t/c.

With this piggy.... should the VVTi raised or lowered.. what do you think?  :shifty:

Who will be clever enough to explain it to us.. ? :winky:

What are professional tuners thinking about this item? Worth a try?

Dont class my self as a professional tuner but if it does what i think it does it allows you to alter the cam timing to suit the new characteristics of your s/c'd ot t/c'd car.

I'm in contact with the makers and will let you know more as soon as I find out :winky:

Looks interesting, but from the dyno figures shown so far the improvements have been a result of changes to the A/F not from cam timing. Changes in A/F can be done easier with other products.

Would be nice to do some testing on an is200, as we did see significant gains on a heavily modified 2JZ with a VVt controller.

HKS have their VALCON system which is a valve timing controller (dont know if power enterprises is the same??)

comprises of a some hot cams (intake and exhaust) and controller, retailing for around 200k yen

Being used on the D1 altezza and is very much a mod aimed at forced induced apps but still benefit NA

So no it's not the first ;)

Am - is that from Super Street or Import Tuner?

Pass! :unsure:

It looks like it will come in at £200 which for low end torque gains is very good VFM

HKS have their VALCON system which is a valve timing controller (dont know if power enterprises is the same??)

comprises of a some hot cams (intake and exhaust) and controller, retailing for around 200k yen

Being used on the D1 altezza and is very much a mod aimed at forced induced apps but still benefit NA

So no it's not the first ;)

The camcon can control the Valve timing by each 500rpm but the HKS Valcon only can change 5 points of the Valve timing.

Power Enterprises advantage is that you do not need to change the camshaft so it will be cheaper than the HKS Valcon and alot easier simple install..

Who's gonna be the first to try one :P

The article was from import tuner.

VVTi is engaged ALL THE TIME, its not an on or off type deal. From my understanding VVTi has 2 different modes (dont quote me on this im not sure), low end torque mode and high end power mode. Apparently our systems switch to high end power mode at 4700rpm.

The controller adjusts the stock VVTi cam timing maps.

I dont see this product giving any super significant gains to any single vvti NA application. But on a boosted single VVTi it would help reduce lag a little.

The celica that IT tested their system on had VVTLi, i do not think they touched the cam switch over on the VVTLi (come to think of it im not sure if you can change that point).

The HP gains dont look that significant on the BEAMS 3sge either, however the low end torque gains are massive

sxe10.jpg

To tune one of these you will need ALOT of dyno time. Basically you just have to try all the settings accross the board and see where each one makes the most power, then combine the settings that make the most power at each point.

Here are the base settings from Power enterprise

http://ks001.kent-net.jp/~ks001173/main/pr.../data/3S-GE.pdf

• 6 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links