Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

[National Meetings]

Monster-Mat

A good day indeed (apart from the weather)

Some very nice motors as well

Black Magic made me very jealous with his L-sportline chrome alloys :heart:

Daves GS looking good as ever with the new front spoiler and alloys

Simon Skippys moderatly(!) uprated IS was looking very low

Bring on the motorshow meet! :D :D :D

It was quite a good turn out, shame about the weather, we had to stay the museum most of the day. Steve took some pics so I'm sure he'll post them soon.

Zee, have a look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2365319.stm the weather has been awful with gales and heavy rain. That also made the traffic bad too, the M40 was stationary for miles south of Gaydon because a lorry overturned in the wind. I saw Simon turn onto it and it wasn't moving so I cut across country to the A5 and managed to avoid any traffic queues :D. Who needs satnav when you've got a map!

Great day all!!!

Shame about the traffic on the way back though. It took me 20 minutes to get to Gaydon and 2 hours to get back.

I tried to call Steve to warn him but his phone was off - apparently there was a lorry gone over the central reservation between J10 and J11.

claire see me overtake?... what was holding you up claire? You left ages before us!

The wind was a bummer.. and that traffic!

Hey Simon did you see all those lexus cars .. i saw 4 that were not with us 2 LS400's and 2 IS200's .. quite odd to see so many lexi's in one hundred yards of each other.

I would like to thank everyone who came to the meet today...

Especially those with children on those horrid roads today.. I am glad (or hope) that everyone got home safely!

Hey Simon did you see all those lexus cars .. i saw 4 that were not with us 2 LS400's and 2 IS200's .. quite odd to see so many lexi's in one hundred yards of each other.

Well one of the LS's was mine and there was one other booked to attend (Alan Andrews?) so 100% attendence from the LS drivers!

It was a problem for a meet virgin like myself that there was no meeting point or focus for people to get together - obviously the weather was a problem. I did meet Rod, good to meet you, and one Toyota member. Gaydon was good though and you will see me again.

I know there were a gang standing in the car park at the start, then in against the building, - it must have been hard for those who arrived later when everyone had dispersed and I know I spoke fleetingly to someone in the Entrance hall who was asking for where the Lexus Meeting Room was. I would have talked more but was whisked away by the Off Road ride man who had just arrived.

Let's put it down to the weather - great to see the cars though if not meet many of the owners.

And yes the journey back was awful. I got off at junction 11 and went cross country but it took me an hour and a half to get to junction 11 during which time there was no radio announcement to say what the problem was. I clocked the jam as 6.2 miles from when I was first stationary to junction 11. Got home to a power cut so had to go out for dinner - real shame!

claire see me overtake?... what was holding you up claire? You left ages before us!

The wind was a bummer.. and that traffic!

Steve,

I saw them mate, I tried to get their attention and point to the stickers, then I realised they couldn't see me coz of the tinting, they must have though it was some road rage freak flashing and beeping!!

It was great to finally meet some of you out there. Andy Hart has made me very jealous with the window popping sound system of his!! Hopefully we should have another meet next year when the car is finally finished.

Cheers

Si

I had a good day, and the kids did to (Sporties Daughter and Sporties Son).

Shame about the weather, sorry that some people missed us as we tried to shelter from the weather.

I took a few pictures so will post them in the gallery.

:)

sorry to have missed you all,but Gaydon is a fair old trek from Germany and as the weather was bad ,it may have been a fair old slog getting back,i will see you all soon im sure,well ill see you andy in a month and a bit,i will be back in the UK in Jan.....so maybe try and meet up with a few ppl

mat

I think it's called Sod's law Steve. Saw that the 2 outer lanes were supposedly closed, and then got pinned in the inside line. D'oh :baaa:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk