Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Tints

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks fantastic, although looks much darker than 35% unless that's the sun making them look so dark!

They don't look that dark from all angles. Been past loads of police and they have not even batted an eyelid so far......

.....it's crazy i got pulled after having the car 1 week for no reason and now they have a reason to pull me and don't.

I'm not complaining tho, let the good times roll B)

Nice to see they did a nice job and a good price too. Trouble is mate I have to agree with the other comments, too dark

a tint in front, & it's gonna mean a tug mate. I doesn't help that the car has a Dark interior, making the effect even worse.

In all honestly I I could do it again, I would do my tints were just one shade lighter, and maybe the lightest poss tint

on the front. If I had a beige interior mine would be perfect, but I have full black Leather as you know, and it looks

almost limo black.

Anyways bud the car is coming along nicely, fingers crossed about those fronts :o

Cant be 35 all round its just the fronts aint it?.............ah its not a proper Sport.

It is a 'proper' sport, they just tinted over the already tinted back glass so it keeps the backs slightly darker than the fronts.

I think the picture is deceptive as its not really that dark, i'll try and take some more pics to show it in a better light......

Sorry didn't mean it like that.....i assumed becoz you had all the windows done for that price they were all clear.

Why would you tint over the std tints (rear cabin) on a Sport?......i just did my fronts (35%) to almost match the rears which are slightly darker.

Look nice mate :D but £30 fine is on the way :o

I heard if a car is stopped with illegal tints they can now put a prohibition notice on the car until tints are removed (within 7 days) i'd suggest keeping something in the car where you can get to the edge of the tints if needed to remove all/part of them at the roadside (fronts) and as Gord says a fine as well.

Do we have a copper on the boards to verify this now surgical virus has gon AWOL?

Look nice mate :D but £30 fine is on the way :o

I heard if a car is stopped with illegal tints they can now put a prohibition notice on the car until tints are removed (within 7 days) i'd suggest keeping something in the car where you can get to the edge of the tints if needed to remove all/part of them at the roadside (fronts) and as Gord says a fine as well.

Do we have a copper on the boards to verify this now surgical virus has gon AWOL?

Depends on what sort of day the plod is having Pete, yes you can take off at the roadside, but depending how much tint you have, 25% of light getting through and under you will have to do within 24hrs and take your car to police for them to check its done,or £5000 fine :o or if he lets you,take off at the roadside, then when you take the tints off, its a right royal pain in the bum getting the glue off the windows :o

I just remember seeing a programme where a woman was stopped in her Range Rover Sport, copper was going to give her a on the spot fine but she had to either remove tints there and then or it was going to get lifted and taken to plod station.She phoned her husband to get to her a.s.a.p to remove them coz she just had her "nails done" he tore off about 2" from the top so he could see which the copper was o.k with but as you say he had to remove them completly and return within a week so they could be approved by copper.

I always roll mine down when i see old bill in slow moving traffic :D

I just remember seeing a programme where a woman was stopped in her Range Rover Sport, copper was going to give her a on the spot fine but she had to either remove tints there and then or it was going to get lifted and taken to plod station.She phoned her husband to get to her a.s.a.p to remove them coz she just had her "nails done" he tore off about 2" from the top so he could see which the copper was o.k with but as you say he had to remove them completly and return within a week so they could be approved by copper.

It's "Traffic Cops" on BBC1, watched the same program myself.

Yer i seen that too, film crew was filming mind, dont think she would of got away with it otherwise :D

Why would you tint over the std tints (rear cabin) on a Sport?

Coz it looks good...and yes i have also done it to my sports.... i felt that the was not dark euff

DSC05683.jpg

EDIT : you know what mine look just as dark as his.....oops....i an't been pull for that just the the blue side lights

The tints do look good. Fair enough, some people will tag the car as "gangsta", but if you like them. Must look awesome at night!

I'm going for the same black on black look as you, but my tints won't be as dark as yours. :shifty: The car is at Pentagon right now!

Why would you tint over the std tints (rear cabin) on a Sport?

I was toying with the idea of tinting the fronts to match the back but then thought if i'm gonna do it i'm gonna go all out!! Plus the back really needed to be a little darker to get that drug dealer look! lol

Coz it looks good...and yes i have also done it to my sports.... i felt that the was not dark euff

DSC05683.jpg

EDIT : you know what mine look just as dark as his.....oops....i an't been pull for that just the the blue side lights

What % did you go for??

From inside you cannot really notice the tint too much 2 be honest. I figure if i get pulled i'll open up the sun roof to let more light into the car and jus say it came like this as standard....(oh yea and pray!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links