Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh Dear 600 Is Poorly So Phoned Lexus Assist

just off phone with lexus Edinburgh and lexus assist and looks like the 600 is going to be recovered down to Edinburgh... Which is 200mls away from me but nearest lexus garage

Reason why......

Went to move car today and got brake malfunction,abs vsc systems and pcs check warning lights

Brake pedal is hard to press.... To dodgy to drive car down to edinburgh so advised to phone lexus assist,

Cars still under warranty so will get that all sorted plus heated seat is temperamental (drivers side) covered by warranty lol I did ask as its a replacement element and leather seat as they are all one part,

And whilst it's at garage Edinburgh will do the recall work that's needing done

AA are on way to me now... I'm at home with car on drive which is a bonus

Hope I get a decent replacement car.....

Graham,

Good to hear it is all covered under warranty.

As you say be interested to hear what the temp car will be - I guess anything less than a 600 will be slumming it.

I must say the 400 makes me nervous about it's complexity (compared to my first ever Renault), and the 600 makes me think you need a degree in too many subjects to look after a 600.

Lol AA guy just turned up n I popped bonnet n he just went Errrrrrrrrrrrr lol

EDIT... No fault codes on obd reading but fault messages on dash.??????????

Yes I know dash is dusty but blowing a gale up here at moment and everytime I open door I recieve half a field inside... Lol

post-11502-0-57537600-1426004369_thumb.j

post-11502-0-14681200-1426004468_thumb.j

post-11502-0-82372400-1426006000_thumb.j

post-11502-0-04341700-1426006030_thumb.j

post-11502-0-35367800-1426006047_thumb.j

post-11502-0-54265000-1426006069_thumb.j

Don't think replacement will be a Lexus think it'll be a local garage I get one of as nearest Lexus dealer 200mls away..... I'll have to wear a hoody and dark glasses and park it away from house what ever make it will be 😁

AA can't sort it so awaiting a recovery lorry to arrive and load it onto back then it'll be heading straight down to Edinburgh ... Getting a replacement car but likely to be a little tiny wee engined run about from a firm up in inverness, so also awaiting for someone from the firm in inverness (which is a hours drive away) to come and pick me up so I can pick my run about up in Inverness .... Why they can't just deliver one to me god knows.... Anyway at my expense of Yous laughing at me I will post up a pic of the tiny little wee small inferior car laters ---- I have my hoody n dark glasses to hide my ID as I drive it back at the ready lol

EDIT..... Just as I posted this, company in Inverness just phoned to say they will deliver to my house tomorrow afternoon ....which is fine with me, I purposesly didn't ask what car I'm getting as the shame is going to kill me lol......

I hope the Lexus's modesty will be concealed by a cover of some sort while on the back of the recovery lorry? We don't want to give the wrong impression... Meanwhile, Graham, remember that the instruction 'Contact a dealer' means something different to a lot of hoody-wearers LOL,

• Like 3

I hope the Lexus's modesty will be concealed by a cover of some sort while on the back of the recovery lorry? We don't want to give the wrong impression... Meanwhile, Graham, remember that the instruction 'Contact a dealer' means something different to a lot of hoody-wearers LOL,

Well a couple of my mates think I drive a drug dealer car, so maybe I should get the rear windows tinted (as I do have a few hoodies - good for pottering about the garden on a windy day), and then start parking up at the local bus station at midnight.

This just been delivered as my replacement hmmmm YEP it'll do not a lexus but at least it's jap (Mitsubishi shogun 64 plate) hopefully not have it long before my cars back tho

post-11502-0-76089700-1426083244_thumb.j

The courtesy cars being used by Edinburgh (at least at the end of last year) were CT200h. I had the 'pleasure' of having one for over two weeks as they had to wait on a part coming from Japan. I really can't think of anything nice to say about them! Luckily I had enough other toys to play with so it just sat on my driveway gathering dust for most of the time! I have had a GS from them before but that was a couple of years ago.

I am sure the Shogun will make you appreciate the LS even more when you get it back!

I hate the shogun... Had it 2 days now and only done 6mls in it.... 6mls of my life I'll never get back its a bone shaker and need ear defenders... Yes I've been spoilt with lexus's smooth n quiet rides

Run132 I don't need any other marque of car to appreciate the LS more.... I could be a salesman for the LS I love it that much

Yes if I was given a CT it would be a ornament on my drive as well (sorry CT owners) but far to plasticky inside for my likening

Just wondering Graham, did you/do you, leave the Lexus in P with or without the foot operated brake being applied?

I always just leave it in P, rightly or wrongly, for fear of brakes not freeing.

I`m sorry to learn of your situation, but hope that all is soon back to normal.

My wife and I are holidaying up near to you (Cromarty) in July and I do not wish to see a Black Shogun in my rear view mirror!

Regards

John

Well a couple of my mates think I drive a drug dealer car, so maybe I should get the rear windows tinted (as I do have a few hoodies - good for pottering about the garden on a windy day), and then start parking up at the local bus station at midnight.

Well, Pete.When driving my BMW 850 Coupe through back streets in Cheltenham, we got pulled over by cops! Luckily my ownership docs come up as Doctor Skelton, so.....was O.K.!! Given my longish hair etc!

I think window tints should match car colour-so....Silver for Silver car, etc..

I so wish you well with the Lexus remedy for your LS600 ills ......................... it beggars belief the grief you're having with this car ......... I really can't think that I'm going to ever change from my Ls400 now .......... . the 430 woes put me off bigtime as I can't see any point in getting what is now into " old banger " territory with potential huge bills to match. The Ls400 is way past being in that territory methinks, at 20 yrs old now too....... and hardly a bill in sight !!!!

So it might be a 460 one day I guess BUT with the potential bills you would have had with no Lexus cover, well, a Ls600 would be ridiculously impossible for me to fund to keep in fine fettle and on the road ..... when I could be spending all that dosh on more holidays tbh

Malc

• Like 1

Royoftherovers aka John handbrake is automatic soon as I place it in park...I do have the option to manually do it but don't , just left switch for auto handbrake on.....

Was hoping to hear from them again before close of play how their getting on with it but haven't.. No worries will no doubt hear tomorrow

Royoftherovers aka John handbrake is automatic soon as I place it in park...I do have the option to manually do it but don't , just left switch for auto handbrake on.....

Was hoping to hear from them again before close of play how their getting on with it but haven't.. No worries will no doubt hear tomorrow

Thanks Graham.

Coming from a humble GS 450H, I did not appreciate that you had an automatic(electronic?) handbrake. Many modern cars have them and they have not proved to be 100% reliable. I hope that your problem is a relatively straightforward fix.

Must go now as Melchester Rovers are playing this afternoon and I have to clean my footie boots!

Regards

John :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links