Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible Viewing Of New Used Car

Hi,

I may be going to view a manufactured approved Car at a Lexus dealer next week.

It's a 2009 Lexus RX400h 3.3 Executive Ltd Edition with 55k on the clock.

I know all should be OK buying from a Lexus Dealer, but is there anything I should be checking before buying?

Thanks

Bobby

Check the spec is ok. The executive editions were the run out models based on lower spec models they couldn't shift. I had a look at one and it didn't even have a sunroof.

Looks nice.

Get the 12 months Lexus warranty and maybe negotiate for more years - two?

Check the tyres - they can be overlooked... Tread depth.

When was it - will it be serviced? MOT? i.e., immediate costs to you - or them.

Good points, also, I will call tomorrow to double check the spec they have listed, as they have mentioned parking sensors, but using the Autotrader zoom option, I can't see anything on the bumpers, mind you, I am looking at it on my mobile!!

Check the spec is ok. The executive editions were the run out models based on lower spec models they couldn't shift. I had a look at one and it didn't even have a sunroof.

Then it wasn't an executive that you viewed, just a basic 'limited edition'. All the execs have sunroof, power tailgate, rain sensing wipers, memory seats.

The one in question also has the optional ML stereo.

Better quality pics on the Lexus website:

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-400h/3.3-Executive-Limited-Edition/Hatfield/2336568-604995863-1078916.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Then it wasn't an executive that you viewed, just a basic 'limited edition'. All the execs have sunroof, power tailgate, rain sensing wipers, memory seats.

The one in question also has the optional ML stereo.

Better quality pics on the Lexus website:

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-400h/3.3-Executive-Limited-Edition/Hatfield/2336568-604995863-1078916.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Well its not an Executive then because the car in question has no sunroof?

Dont worry about the parking sensors - theyll fit them for free if you ask. Probably the easiest things to fit!

From the pictures it has: -
ML audio
Reverse camera (no sensors req'd)
Memory seats
ELectrically adjustable sreering wheel
GPS satnav (7" screen)
------------
Who needs a sun roof if it has air con! It looks like the SE-L spec with a different badge!
For the price I'd negotiate as much as you can from the dealer as you could pick up a 450H for about the same price admittedly probably with highr milage.

Very good point in regards to a possible 450h, I would like one, albeit high mileage for my budget, but I'm concerned about running costs!!

From the pictures it has: -

ML audio

Reverse camera (no sensors req'd)

Memory seats

ELectrically adjustable sreering wheel

GPS satnav (7" screen)

My GS has rear sensors and a camera. It also has front sensors, even though it has a windscreen. :)

• Like 1

Just to confirm, the Executive Limited Edition was indeed the run out model before the RX450h was launched. You will only find them on late 58 and 09 plates.

It was a fully specced car, which matched the SE-L specs with the exception of the ICE system.

It does not have parking sensors, but it does have a rear camera linked to the satnav screen.

It does have memory seats, sunroof, electric tailgate, illuminated door sills, etc... and also the ML audio system.

It also has an additional badge that reads "EXECUTIVE LIMITED EDITION" on the tailgate, under the 400h badge.

(I know, I've got one!)

• Like 1

Well its not an Executive then because the car in question has no sunroof?

yes it does, not that you can confirm either way from the pictures.

Cant see one on the roof of the red RX? I had one in my 04 RX300, I thought youd be able to see it at that angle?

no, not if it is fitted correctly :) the pictures are just at the wrong angle

If it's an exec then it has a sunroof, which is confirmed on the Lexus website for that vehicle - although they could just pull through the spec of the exec rather than correctly list the real spec.

no, not if it is fitted correctly :) the pictures are just at the wrong angle

If it's an exec then it has a sunroof, which is confirmed on the Lexus website for that vehicle - although they could just pull through the spec of the exec rather than correctly list the real spec.

True, probably worth seeing to find out. Im liking the sunroof on the NX, it comes out instead of sliding into the headliner, more headspace!

Checked with the dealer and this car does have all the toys.....however, I can get a LOT more toys on a high mileage 450h!!! for my budget.

Should I steer clear of a high mileage 4 or 5 year old 450h even though it has full Lexus Dealer servicing?

Why not go for a test drive?

Having other options may put you in a better negotiating position?

( I see the tiny camera lens at the back from the photos. Quite like the colour too )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links