Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is-f 2011 Chittering/grindy/rough Noise From Rear End When Turning Slo

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me?

My car was recently serviced a few weeks ago 40k service, and I've started to hear and feel a strange noise from the rear of the car when taking off slowly and turning left or right (70 - 100% lock), there is no noise when driving straight, or on moderate curves and bends, more just when parking or driving round tight corners in carparks etc.

I noticed the service sheet mentioned the diff oil was changed and I also had a seized rear caliper that was looked at.

Does anyone get the same feeling? or does something sound broken?

Thanks again,

John

Friend had a Nissan x-trail that they had work done on the diff and they filled it but they either didn't put the nut back on or it was not tight enough and when they got home they noticed oil on their drive (which is on a slope)

It had to be trailered back to the dealer

• 4 weeks later...

Booked it in yesterday, explained I thought it was the Diff, and maybe Lubricant related, the friendly front of house took it all down and let me head off in their courtest CT200h (not bad)

They have since phoned, saying they found a broken coil spring (front I believe), and are in the process of ordering this up and fitting it, but will road test the car again once its on, so sounds promising! But, not sure how a spring could been broken, anyway these things happen I suppose?

The garage has made no mention of the diff yet and no diagnosis of the noise/feeling, infact they havent mentioned whether they hear/feel it themselves, so i'm a bit dubious that its the spring causing the noise, but glad thats been fixed anyway.

The noise isn't there first thing in the morning, and only after driving for a while, and everything is up to max temperature, then once you start pulling away from junctions, parking or coming to a stop with the wheels tuned you hear and feel the back juddering, binding then releasing and emiting a funny noise etc, and once the wheel is straight its all ok, could a spring cause this after a lengthy drive?

So anyway, i'm hoping all is cured this week once they let me know... Trying not to get too used to this hybrid stuff in the meantime (its actually quite good), maybe when i reach 60 years old i'll consider one :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again,

Garage has some feedback and have narrowed the noise down to the differential.

They are going to contact Lexus to see how to proceed with the repair, as the car is out of warranty :-( so i'm not 100% sure what that means?

Hopefully they will get back to me with some good news as its been almost a week.

I'll keep you all updated.

thanks

John

• 3 weeks later...

It's a very reliable car but bills can be high. Totally up to how risk averse you are chap. If you can get a bogof its a no brainier for me as it comes with top level AA cover as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links