Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In Car Dvd

mudzs

halfords have something similar at the mo for £300

Is that two screens

Besty the only problem is when i sell the car the headrest for the mk1 are harder to get hold of so would end up flogging kit with car and i would rather take it from car to car.How did you hide wires down back of seat are they inside seat :question:

halfords have something similar at the mo for £300

Is that two screens

Besty the only problem is when i sell the car the headrest for the mk1 are harder to get hold of so would end up flogging kit with car and i would rather take it from car to car.How did you hide wires down back of seat are they inside seat :question:

yeh they are inside the seat,i used a thin steel rod ,worked well,suppose you could do that with the portable ones :)

mudzs

the rear panel of the seat is screwed on by 2 posi screws just below the pouch on the rear of seat, it then slides down and out reveiling all the internals

i ran my cables down the side of the sockets where the headrests slot into.

BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO TEAR THE LEATHER/CLOTH when doing so ,otherwise its one easy job to do ;)

jaybo

What is everyones view of having LCD screens on the rear of headrests? Is it just asking for your car to be broken into?

I agree colin that is why that system seemed good as the screens are not in the headrests and can be removed if need be when parking in places that are risky .

What is everyones view of having LCD screens on the rear of headrests? Is it just asking for your car to be broken into?

Having them nicked is not my first thought, my first throught is what happens in the unlikely event of being hit from the rear, the head rests are there to protect the back of your head and neck from whip lash injury, where the hell is all that iron work and screens going to go, if the head rests were designed to have screens in them then they would come as standard or option item. There head rests, not screen housings. Just my opinion.

You could get some covers made up to go over the headrests. I have seen this done before.

Depends where you tend to park the car. I didnt bother with the wife's car and I have to say, DVD screens are no more expensive than a half decent car stereo nowadays

Belts do stretch a long way though. There would be no need for airbags in the front if seat belts were good enough. I'm sure it won't be long before we start to see rear airbags.

Whoops this has gone slightly :offtopic:

Agreed, Although I think they wouldn't stretch that far, I for one don't want to prove it one way or the other.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links