Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Best Places To Buy A Lexus Is200?

BadBoy

Hi, Im just about to venture into the fabulous world that is Lexus and wondered if you guys could give me some help in buying one (not financially but all contributions welcome!).

Im on the lookout for a second hand IS200 2.0 S (I think they are the bottom of the range but still sexy as hell) for around th £9-11k mark.

Ive seen some on Autotrader but ive no idea if they are quality cars etc.

My main questions are:

Best to buy from a dealer? Any common probs with the IS200? Certain mileage to stay away from? Oh and one more question...what are the biggest running costs? Fuel? Servicing? Parts?

Any comments/help will be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year too! :D

Although you'll pay a bit more, the Lexus dealer experience is very good and honest too. If you can, do go for the SE spec (or sport). I think they hold their value much better than the base model and you get far nicer seats!

Don't rush into it - shop around ;)

Although you'll pay a bit more, the Lexus dealer experience is very good and honest too. If you can, do go for the SE spec (or sport). I think they hold their value much better than the base model and you get far nicer seats!

Don't rush into it - shop around ;)

get a sport my man if you can,got all the trims ,except duncan has nicked my standard scuffs :P :lol:

Wow! Didn't expect such a rapid response! Thanks guys.

Besty did you put in all that tv equipment in yourself or did it come with the car?

Also are Lexus expensive on the servicing or does it depend on what dealer you go to? :crying:

Welcome to the club :)

I found mine in Autotrader...I spent 4 weeks looking on Autotrader website a few times everyday. I checked the web just before leaving work one evening and there it was...I rang the garage selling it and it had only just arrived at there forecourt within that hour. I was up at early the next morning to be the first one to see it. Put a desposit down that day!

Like the guys said try for an SE or Sport...I held out for a Sport at the right price and I'm so pleased I did. Regards mileage I wouldn't worry...I bought mine with 88k on it.. so the engine is just broken in :winky: Goes like a dream and just travelled to Republic of Ireland(all types of road..A/B/Motorway and back for Xmas and not one problem...best ride I've every had travelling to/from Ireland.

Regards service if you do a search on here you'll see prices people have posted for Lexus services. Personally with my cars 88k mileage I'm not bothered with paying a leg and an arm to Lexus for what my local independent(that I trust) can do for £125 for full service.

Same for Fuel/miles...do a search. It s costs me about £50 to fill mine with Optimax 79.9p/Litre and best so far was 370 miles from a tank.

If you are getting a car near my mileage then I would ask the garage your buying from to change the cambelt for you like I did, as it will have to be changed at a 100k miles. I'd also recommend a RAC inspection...I got one and it gives piece of mind before handing over your hard earned cash.

Good Luck!

You guys are really helpful by the way!

Damer - Cheers mate but some people on a Lexus Owners club forum might have persuaded me to eye up the SE!!

Colin - Cheers too, not too bad then...my friend had an FTO which he had to pay £350 to be serviced and tuned....forget that!

twotone - Thanks also for ur msg. Im not too bothered about speed (Sport)...growing out of that one a little (oh yeah and the 6 points dont help either) but its such a nice car I think I will use it to criuse with instead! The Lexus site says is does 29.2 mpg so I wont be able to afford to drive it too fast! My old Astra GSi was the same!

Cool site by the way...not sure about ur fetish for ur Lexus ariel tho.... :duh:

Jonthebarber - Cheers for the dealers url (www.fow.co.uk) I looked there and they have an IS200 SE in Blue (my fav) 50k, manual, all the usual for 11399 but no photo which is a shame but I might give them a call and get them to e-mail me or post me some.

If I havent mentioned you then im still thankful for ur posts...glad I posted on here now. I keep talking to people who keep saying I should get a Lexus cos im ok with my VW Golf TDi but its not a car I get into and just smile....y'know!

Wow! Didn't expect such a rapid response! Thanks guys.

Besty did you put in all that tv equipment in yourself or did it come with the car?

Also are Lexus expensive on the servicing or does it depend on what dealer you go to? :crying:

i put the stuff in myself with a little help :whistling:

well as i posted in another thread my 2000 w plate black is200 se is up for sale.

pricvacy glass all round, beige oakham interior. all in excellent condition and extremely tidy.

just gone over 50,000 miles. full lexus service history, very tidy.

need a quick sale so its up for £11850

pm me for more details

side view

rear view

also the exhaust is now back to standard as photo was taken in the summer

Edited by ColinBarber

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links